Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's Manchester Ciry away. Waterproofs at the ready. 

Should be a cracker, to be honest. Both teams have unreal attacking talent and shite defences, but with Kompany out, I can see Liverpool sneaking something.

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

It's Manchester Ciry away. Waterproofs at the ready. 

They'll be needed too, along with a freshly ironed sensible vest. It's a tad chilly with some wet stuff falling.

12-9 City. 

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Anyone know why Andy Robertson is missing from squad again?

He's not injured and has not been picked. Robertson was not in the squad for the previous EPL game against Watford. Moreno is first choice at left-back with Milner as cover on the bench. Robertson was superb against Palace so he must be wondering why he's not even on the bench. 

He's not injured and has not been picked. Robertson was not in the squad for the previous EPL game against Watford. Moreno is first choice at left-back with Milner as cover on the bench. Robertson was superb against Palace so he must be wondering why he's not even on the bench. 

That's fucking shite.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Maybe because Milner can play more positions so naming him as sub frees up other spots on the bench.

That's true but it does not help Robertson who needs regular games at the top level to progress. Moreno's defending is still poor, e.g. against Watford. All the old faults (caught out of position, poor tackling etc) are still there. Yet it seems that Klopp now rates him after playing Milner at LB for most of last season. I'd pick definitely Robertson ahead of Moreno, especially after his performance against Palace.

:lol: 
Still got a hangover from too many Buckie's last night?

Haha I was agreeing with you??? Just really pissed off that he can't even get into the squad after he done so well against Palace.

Fwiw I've never been a Buckie drinker and I'm getting too old and boring to start now. ;)

That's true but it does not help Robertson who needs regular games at the top level to progress. Moreno's defending is still poor, e.g. against Watford. All the old faults (caught out of position, poor tackling etc) are still there. Yet it seems that Klopp now rates him after playing Milner at LB for most of last season. I'd pick definitely Robertson ahead of Moreno, especially after his performance against Palace.

This, can only presume he's waiting for a slightly easier fixture to put him in following an excellent mom performance against CP. He's a cracking player, hope he's not ruined. Early days, but if that clown Moreno has another howler and Liverpool don't pick Robertson next week; then who knows.

Moreno has played well so far this season, and in pre-season, for Liverpool. Robertson, who is susceptible to a defensive error or two himself, needs to just wait for him to slip up (which will no doubt happen soon). 

Moreno has played well so far this season, and in pre-season, for Liverpool. Robertson, who is susceptible to a defensive error or two himself, needs to just wait for him to slip up (which will no doubt happen soon). 

Admittedly I've not seen much Liverpool games this season but Moreno gets absolutely slagged rotten all over social media by Liverpool fans. When I have watched him he doesn't look any better defensively than Robertson though.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Sterling couldn't get on the City bench this afternoon.

Kompany is injured yet again. Stones and Otamendi, booked already, are bombscares. 

Sterling's suspended.

Archived