Premier League 2017-2018

If two midfielders go for that, theres no way its more than a yellow. Pish poor from the ref.

It's a similar situation to De Jong on Xabi Alonso, obviously its not as violent as that, but if you go in studs up, above waist height, when you're not a clear favourite for the ball, then you're getting sent off if you make contact.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bairnardo said:

Thats not a good example for me as De Jong clearly went to play the man. Whatever arguement you make for Mane to be sent off, it cant be that he intended to do that.

Of course he didn't mean to do it, but his intent is irrelevant. He recklessly endangered his opponent, he was off the ground and had his foot several feet in the air with his studs up. The only other tackle I can think of off the top of my head with a player similarly out of control at that height is Schumacher on Battiston. Obviously Schumacher meant it and Mane didn't, but that doesn't make a challenge like that any less dangerous.

15 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

He's got to be entitled to go for that, he can't seriously not attempt to win the ball purely because the keeper is also going for it too. His studs weren't up and that's not a reckless challenge.

Studs weren't up. What a fucking melt. :lol:

Carragher quite correct calling out Neville's pish about his eyes being on the ball.

It was a red. I don't think he meant to do it, but it's a late challenge and he made contact with the opponent's head.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Love Mo Salah. Wish he was still playing for Roma rather than a team I dislike but I think my love of watching Salah is higher than my loathing of Liverpool.

You can now resume normal service. Subbed off at HT,

Carragher quite correct calling out Neville's pish about his eyes being on the ball.
It was a red. I don't think he meant to do it, but it's a late challenge and he made contact with the opponent's head.
You can now resume normal service. Subbed off at HT,

With that in mind, definite red, can't believe people are claiming otherwise.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Ok, if we are being pedantic about it, I cant understand why Aguero has found himself dropped to the bench on a regular basis and the subject of speculation about his future since Guardiola arrived.

I wouldn't say Pep doesn't have faith in Aguero but there's clearly something a bit off between them. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ok, if we are being pedantic about it, I cant understand why Aguero has found himself dropped to the bench on a regular basis and the subject of speculation about his future since Guardiola arrived.

Maybe mate. He's certainly getting a tune out of him now though.

Perfect mentor for Jesus.

Archived