1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

download.jpg.bfdef5fc8e87e9ef3b95c55557801e9b.jpg

Burnley v Palace
Swansea v Newcastle

Tesco

Image result for walk dog

Image result for wash car

Image result for feeding ducks

We also get to enjoy West Ham v Huddersfield on Monday Night Football. broh1zz.png

The money chucked at these three games is probably what Scottish football gets for the season. Good thing we have guys like Neil Doncaster fighting our corner.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Firstly I don't see how he could have seen the keeper coming. He's looking the other way and above him rather than towards the keeper or even the goals. Secondly, more often than not a player will try and cushion a ball coming over their head with their foot (or thigh) rather than their head because if they get it right they then have the ball under control and in a position to shoot whereas with the head it tends to bounce away from them. How often do you see Messi or Suarez or whomever bringing a high ball down with their feet compared to their head, for instance.

Had Eduardo taken Mane out then I'd expect a yellow tbh unless the ref thought it was denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

It's irrelevant to the point, but you can't seriously think he had no idea the keeper was there. These are some of the best players in Europe with incredible vision, awareness and footballing instinct, Mane is running after the ball while the keeper is right in front of him charging out to the ball. How could he possibly not know he is there? At the moment of contact his eye is on the ball, but by that point he obviously knows the keeper is there, his foot is up to flick it over the onrushing keeper, not to control it.

Anyway, like I say that is irrelevant to whether it is a red card or not. As I said up the thread, for some reason people start debating pointless things like you have above (which I've ended up engaging in in fairness!!), rather than the hard facts which are there for everyone to see - whilst running basically at full pelt, he's stuck his boot 5 feet in the air and fly kicked someone in the head. That is dangerous, reckless, out of control and as clear a red as you can see. I think because there was no intent people feel a bit sorry for him and are trying to find reasons for it not to be a red, unfortunately there aren't any.

So any high boot to the head is a red card? Why wasn't a red given in the Morton v Pars game yesterday? Simply because the defender didn't know where the attacker and went to clear the ball and didn't see Talbot coming round, in the same way Mane didn't see the keeper come out (and he wasn't looking in that direction at any time, not just at the last second. So while he may have had an inkling that the keeper was rushing out due to superior peripheral vision or whatever, he couldn't have known exactly where he was) and was simply trying to control the ball in a normal way for a player of that standard. If we're going to start giving out red cards for every accidental clash where a player gets injured we're going down a pretty sad route tbh. I've seen players get bad leg breaks through accidental collisions that could be construed as reckless if you want to go down that route but id be upset if they ended up with players being sent off.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Morton guy booted Jason Talbot in the face (and yes I appreciate the irony in that being the other way round than nornal) which resulted in Talbot going off with blood steaming from his face, a penalty kick and a yellow card. Was the correct decision as the defender was trying to clear the ball and didn't see Talbot coming round the side. Now it wasn't as heavy a collision as Mane on the keeper and the injury isn't as bad but I can certainly see why folk would be saying it should just be a yellow. Mane had no reason to expect the keeper to be there and was trying to bring it down, he had no way of knowing he was there as his eyes never left the ball, and had he got the ball first then he could have easily been taken out by the keeper himself - it's not as if Mane was the only one who wasn't completely in control of where he was headed. And I say all this as someone who doesn't really like Liverpool.

What and where should he be expecting the keeper to be and doing in those circumstances?

So any high boot to the head is a red card?

If you're running full pelt to a 50/50 and jump into the tackle with your foot, stud up, at head height, youre getting sent off. It's incredible so many folk are arguing about whether he saw the keeper or not, anyone with half a brain would know the keeper was coming out in that situation, Mane knew that, gambled he'd reach the ball first, and went into it without thinking about the safety of his opponent, it's a textbook red.

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

In his box? In the process of running out but not there yet? Narrowing the angle by standing up to block him? Who knows? But how anyone can say that Mane knew exactly where the keeper was and was therefore trying to flick it over him or whatever is beyond me.

He didn't know exactly where the keeper was but any forward in that position will expect a challenge sooner than later. He swung his boot high and recklessly despite that.

So regarding the Mane sending off, What's with all th epeople saying "his eyes were on the ball" what so that gives you license to do whatver the hell you like with your feet? wise up
Can i walk in to a pub showing the game with my arms flailing about as long as my eyes are fixed on the TV? "WHAT?!?!?! eyes were on the TV the whole time!!!"

Archived