Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooft, knew that was coming after all the hoo ha yesterday. Ritchie flying in with the studs up but just avoids contact.

Also clearly mouths the words 'eyes were on the ball' to the ref. Doesn't matter where your eyes are mate, if your studs end up down someone's throat

I was so convinced the only goal was coming from a corner, I stuck £5 on the centre half captain to be first scorer literal minutes before the goal, £500 returns.

I went for Fernández though [emoji17]

Too much of Swansea's play went through Sanches whose touch was poor and was laborious in possession. They were so slow that they barely ever came up against anything other than a Newcastle defence settled completely into position. Clucas's dead balls were honking as well. Still only the first game after the window but the Sigurdsson shaped hole in their team was glaring.

Newcastle didn't fare much better and will struggle to score many with that strike force, but Ritchie is always a creative option and he was a standout today along with Lascelles.

Two sides who will probably finish between 12-17th.

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So any high boot to the head is a red card? Why wasn't a red given in the Morton v Pars game yesterday? Simply because the defender didn't know where the attacker and went to clear the ball and didn't see Talbot coming round, in the same way Mane didn't see the keeper come out (and he wasn't looking in that direction at any time, not just at the last second.

The only similarity between Forbes and Mane is that the player they fouled was caught in the head. They aren't comparable fouls at all.

Forbes swung his foot at chest height, Mane had his foot five feet in the air. Forbes didn't have his studs up, Mane did. Forbes had one leg planted on the ground meaning he wasn't out of control, Mane was completely off the ground and was hurtling through the air. Forbes connected with an opponent's head because that opponent dipped his head below head height, Mane connected because his foot was at head height. As a result of all of the above Mane's challenge was blatantly reckless and dangerous, while Forbes wasn't.

There must be more to it than just the results. He was virtually gone after the 3rd game. I wouldn't be surprised for stories about behind the scenes stuff coming out that the players didn't like so didn't respond to. Change? It's a dirty word in football.

Archived