Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't really a challenge or a tackle though, and it wasn't head height tbf the goalie is crouched down a bit, he doesn't even see the keeper. There was an incident exactly the same in the WBA game the other week supposedly and it was given as a yellow.

He must know the keeper is there or he would wait until the ball dropped to control it?
Aye fair enough the keeper is crouched a bit, he is off the ground as well. but the damage mane does to him by knocking him out (all be it accidental) makes it dangerous. Had it been at waist height, you could argue a yellow would be sufficient. But having his studs up that high at that speed and the resulting injury to the keeper, in my opinion (fwiw) makes it a red card.

He must know the keeper is there or he would wait until the ball dropped to control it?
Aye fair enough the keeper is crouched a bit, he is off the ground as well. but the damage mane does to him by knocking him out (all be it accidental) makes it dangerous. Had it been at waist height, you could argue a yellow would be sufficient. But having his studs up that high at that speed and the resulting injury to the keeper, in my opinion (fwiw) makes it a red card.

He couldn't wait till the ball dropped though it was a diagonal run behind the back of the defender remember the next bounce or two it would've been out the park. Just trying to put myself in his position, he's looking at the passer and the ball the whole time whilst running behind the defence.

I can see why it's given but I also have some sympathy for Mane. Totally accidental and if he'd known the keeper was there I think he'd have just let him header it.

58 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He couldn't wait till the ball dropped though it was a diagonal run behind the back of the defender remember the next bounce or two it would've been out the park. Just trying to put myself in his position, he's looking at the passer and the ball the whole time whilst running behind the defence.

I can see why it's given but I also have some sympathy for Mane. Totally accidental and if he'd known the keeper was there I think he'd have just let him header it.

I don't think anyone is saying it was deliberate, I understand him going for the ball because if he gets to it first it's a goal (or a red card for the goalie) so he probably thought it was worth the gamble. But unfortunately for him the gamble didn't pay off so he has to face the consequences. He obviously knew the goalkeeper was there as his foot was up to flick it over him.

Too may people (not you, just in general) get caught up in the emotions of decision like this by discussing intent, whether it was accidental or deliberate etc, rather than just looking at the simple facts. His boot is 5 foot up in the air with a lot of momentum behind it, and has kicked a goalkeeper in the head. It's laughable that people can think that doesn't merit a red card.

I can't remember seeing a team capitulate so badly after fling down to 10 men. 

Ive not seen it back but heard it debated on the radio all the way back and the ref got it right. All a bit unfortunate though. 

Despite being a goal down Salah and Mane were causing Man City all sorts of problems and again Liverpool turned up in a big game. 

I'm confident they will bounce straight back. 

Proof I stayed until the end :lol: 

IMG_8897.PNG

Off out for beer now ! 

So regarding the Mane sending off, What's with all th epeople saying "his eyes were on the ball" what so that gives you license to do whatver the hell you like with your feet? wise up

Can i walk in to a pub showing the game with my arms flailing about as long as my eyes are fixed on the TV? "WHAT?!?!?! eyes were on the TV the whole time!!!"

So regarding the Mane sending off, What's with all th epeople saying "his eyes were on the ball" what so that gives you license to do whatver the hell you like with your feet? wise up
Can i walk in to a pub showing the game with my arms flailing about as long as my eyes are fixed on the TV? "WHAT?!?!?! eyes were on the TV the whole time!!!"

What a ridiculous comparison.

I see where you are coming from with that. Both are going for the ball with no intent to hurt each other, he is unfortunate that he has caught him the way he has.

Archived