Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the resentment of "casuals" in boxing is because I don't think there is any other sport out there that the general public pay absolutely no attention to on a weekly basis yet suddenly become "experts" once or twice a year (maybe track and field) when an event gets a huge amount of media interest- this media interest is almost always a result of the skills in the sportsman's communication and controversy attracting skills rather than his sporting ability.

It is frustrating to have people repeating media lines like parrots- especially when you know the media either don't have a clue or else have a vested interest in trying to make you believe something that is not true.

It is frustrating when 'casuals' believe their insights to be as valuable as yours, when you watch boxing on a daily basis and have done for years.

It's frustrating when these experts are captivated by a freak show mismatch but show no interest in genuinely exciting match ups like Kovalev Vs Ward or GGG vs Canelo next month. It's frustrating that there is so much good boxing and entertainment and skill out there but it's overlooked because people are far more interested in personalities.

Best post I've read on this forum.

AUFC90 getting absolutely ragdolled here. If this sort of battering was to happen on Saturday night, the ref will step in immediately.

I don't see why.
Mcgregor has absolutely no chance in a boxing match against Mayweather. Far too many on this thread believing the hype that is being spewed through Sky to make a few bob. As long as strict boxing rules are adhered to Mayweather will win comfortably

Few people showing themselves up as not knowing much about contact sports. :lol:

My late grandfather worked in the boxing industry, and I had the honour to meet some of the greats. Frazier, Ali, Hatton, you name them. They all admitted to me that their sport was a sham, and that, if a UFC fighter wanted a boxer's lunch money, they could easily take it off them.

I don't see why.
Mcgregor has absolutely no chance in a boxing match against Mayweather. Far too many on this thread believing the hype that is being spewed through Sky to make a few bob. As long as strict boxing rules are adhered to Mayweather will win comfortably

Genuinely don't understand this trail of thought by the way.

Few people showing themselves up as not knowing much about contact sports. :lol:
My late grandfather worked in the boxing industry, and I had the honour to meet some of the greats. Frazier, Ali, Hatton, you name them. They all admitted to me that their sport was a sham, and that, if a UFC fighter wanted a boxer's lunch money, they could easily take it off them.

What, In a boxing match?

I don't see why.

McGregor's heat seeking missile of a left hand is perfectly legal within boxing rules though m8, and when it lands, and it will, it's night night time for old man Floyd. Can't believe people are even debating that, teebs.

#redpantynight #nottakingparttakingover

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What, In a boxing match?

What on earth are you talking about? How is a boxing match relevant to somebody taking another person's lunch money? Couldn't work in a boxing match anyway, they don't have pockets to carry change around with them. You're wasting everyone's time here with this trolling, if you want to talk seriously about it then we can.

I don't profess to know much about either sport, but a boy at my work today likened this to the world's best badminton player going up against Roger Federer, at tennis, on grass. Would that be fairly accurate?

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I don't profess to know much about either sport, but a boy at my work today likened this to the world's best badminton player going up against Roger Federer, at tennis, on grass. Would that be fairly accurate?

Didn't know Mayweather played badminton.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Has the badminton player got a big left hand smash?

Depends, if the badminton player has insane power in his left hand, got the whole of Ireland behind him and if he's an animal, then the shuttlecock is in his court so to speak.

Archived