Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What on earth are you talking about? How is a boxing match relevant to somebody taking another person's lunch money? Couldn't work in a boxing match anyway, they don't have pockets to carry change around with them. You're wasting everyone's time here with this trolling, if you want to talk seriously about it then we can.

Your post was confusing, lunch money being metaphorical.
McGregors ilk may beat Mayweathers ilk in a street fight; and yes... steal his lunch money; of that your grandfather is right. But in a strict boxing match, the boxer prevails.

1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Think you're getting mixed up with Nadal, doubt he could take McGregor either.

I think it's only Nuttall that can stop McGregor from reaching the top.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Your post was confusing, lunch money being metaphorical.
McGregors ilk may beat Mayweathers ilk in a street fight; and yes... steal his lunch money; of that your grandfather is right. But in a strict boxing match, the boxer prevails.

Talk about my grandfather again like that and you'll be sharing a hospital ward with our pal "Floyd".

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Talk about my grandfather again like that and you'll be sharing a hospital ward with our pal "Floyd".

Both will be asking the doc if Conor is ok.

10 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I think the resentment of "casuals" in boxing is because I don't think there is any other sport out there that the general public pay absolutely no attention to on a weekly basis yet suddenly become "experts" once or twice a year (maybe track and field) when an event gets a huge amount of media interest- this media interest is almost always a result of the skills in the sportsman's communication and controversy attracting skills rather than his sporting ability.

It is frustrating to have people repeating media lines like parrots- especially when you know the media either don't have a clue or else have a vested interest in trying to make you believe something that is not true.

It is frustrating when 'casuals' believe their insights to be as valuable as yours, when you watch boxing on a daily basis and have done for years.

It's frustrating when these experts are captivated by a freak show mismatch but show no interest in genuinely exciting match ups like Kovalev Vs Ward or GGG vs Canelo next month. It's frustrating that there is so much good boxing and entertainment and skill out there but it's overlooked because people are far more interested in personalities.

I can't disagree with much of this, considering I've been slagging off clueless goons parroting the hype they've had thrown at them as well. It goes without saying that if someone's actually calling your opinion ignorant about something they barely watch, then you're right to be resentful.

Arguably being a boxing snob is understandable with all this shite but even with less gimmicky spectacles, some boxing fans seem to get a bit touchy about anyone taking a passing interest in their sport. There will be posters snapping away at folk during Golovkin/Canelo as well, nap.

26 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I don't see why.
Mcgregor has absolutely no chance in a boxing match against Mayweather. Far too many on this thread believing the hype that is being spewed through Sky to make a few bob. As long as strict boxing rules are adhered to Mayweather will win comfortably

They said The Notorious One had absolutely no chance of stepping up and claiming the stuck in the mud division. And f**k your strict rules, the double champ does what the fook he wants.

Troll, Counter-troll and Yer Da John Lambies Doos.

John Lambies Doos isn't just yer da, he's King Yer Da. The Yer Da that all the other yer da's (note the capitalisations for the hierarchy) look to and think, "yeah, THAT's the man I want to be like on the Internet".

One million percent that JLD will create and post a Lion King "what's that over there" meme about this fight within the next 3 pages.

McGregor's heat seeking missile of a left hand is perfectly legal within boxing rules though m8, and when it lands, and it will, it's night night time for old man Floyd. Can't believe people are even debating that, teebs.

#redpantynight #nottakingparttakingover

It won't land.

Heat seeking missiles don't miss, M19.

#wholeofireland #mcgregorownsboxing

8 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Has he not lost about c. 10-15% of his pro fights?

Key word - fights. Something Mayweather has never experienced in his life. Unless you count slapping his wife about.

When Floyd is on the wrong end of a McGregor leg drop off the top rope, then he'll know what the word fight means.

Archived