Europa League 2017/18

lichtie23

3 hours ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

Not that I have any great desire to watch the Europa League but are others in agreement that to put the show on at 11.45 on a work night is excluding ( on purpose I don't doubt) those who refuse or cant afford to pay for BT or Sky from watching ?

I believe it is down to BT having their own highlight show around 10pm and since they have the rights to the competition no other TV company can show the highlights before them.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An Atletico Madrid-CSKA Moscow final would have to be the most ever syllables in a major European final. 

Eintracht Frankfurt v Borussia Monchengladbach UEFA Cup Final 1979/80 had more.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I believe it is down to BT having their own highlight show around 10pm and since they have the rights to the competition no other TV company can show the highlights before them.

Yes,I suspected it might be something like that, mores the pity.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

hmmm - depends if you're going to allow Central Sports Club of the Army (Moscow), or insist on the abbreviation....

Would that tie and the afore mentioned one not have 12 syllables each?

6 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Would that tie and the afore mentioned one not have 12 syllables each?

Looks to be as was Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers.  Possibly some of Internazionale Milan's finals might have more.

• 2 weeks later...
In Lyon, flights from London are extortionate, so will most likely fly to Geneva and get a train across.  

You could have a look at flying into Chambery airport, I’m sure Jet2 fly in there. Serves the ski resorts but is slightly closer than Geneva.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:33, LondonHMFC said:

In Lyon, flights from London are extortionate, so will most likely fly to Geneva and get a train across.  

I did that during the Euros for the France v Ireland match in Lyon.  Was a fantastic day.  Train took a couple of hours but was quiet enough before getting off at the train station and getting a tram straight to the ground. The ground was fantastic and a great place for watching the game.  Plenty places for drink etc in the ground but there wasn't really anything around the ground other than stalls etc.

When we booked the tickets we were gutted to get restricted viewing seats....to be honest it worked out quite well when we took our seats....

5ac721cd877e4_Lyon3.thumb.jpg.6c541956fa9838b2376ae22cf75b46a1.jpg

13 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

CSKA were 10/1 to win this game for some bizarre reason

Not bizarre at all.  They're a gang and Arsenal, despite all the narratives about a crisis season, have an almost impeccable winning record at home to teams weaker than themselves.

Archived