The Celtic All Seasons thread

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This isn’t a point scoring issue. Wind it in. 

Good example of (some) Rangers fans hypocrisy since the Kamara incident. Racism in any form is abhorrent, and Rangers fans along with the wider footballing community were right to come out and strongly condemn the Slavia players actions. Kamara rightly received a lot of support, and for a few weeks Rangers fans were the biggest bunch of anti-racism supporters out there, which would have been commendable if it wasn’t obvious to anyone with a brain that their mask would slip eventually. That’s not aimed at every Rangers supporter, but there’s an above average number of their fans who are racist/hold racist views. 

I haven’t seen the video and if it is true it’s despicable, but it’s always laughable for the rest of us when one of the two clubs puts out a statement criticising fans of the other club for racist behaviour while doing next to zilch about the racist/sectarian behaviour of their own set of supporters.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I haven’t seen the video and if it is true it’s despicable, but it’s always laughable for the rest of us when one of the two clubs puts out a statement criticising fans of the other club for racist behaviour while doing next to zilch about the racist/sectarian behaviour of their own set of supporters.

You are wrong of course there has been a lot done over the years to tackle the issue and i also don’t think laughable is the correct choice of words here. I’m not sure how anything to do with racism or sectarianism could prompt you to laugh 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Well that was well thought out.

For someone from that fan base who, in the 6 years since he left, haven’t let a single Celtic/No Voters match thread pass without mentioning tonev, to claim it’s point scoring to discuss a Celtic player getting racist abuse, on the Celtic thread, is laughable  

98282431-F4B7-4C68-97BF-C57DD1A492F9.png

Edited by Drew Brees

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

You are wrong of course there has been a lot done over the years to tackle the issue and i also don’t think laughable is the correct choice of words here. I’m not sure how anything to do with racism or sectarianism could prompt you to laugh 🤷‍♂️

I knew that someone would come along and totally misconstrue the wording of my post. Congratulations on being the first.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

For someone from that fan base who, in the 6 years since he left, haven’t let a single Celtic/No Voters match thread pass without mentioning tonev, to claim it’s point scoring to discuss a Celtic player getting racist abuse, on the Celtic thread, it mint. 

Guid ane.

51 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

For someone from that fan base who, in the 6 years since he left, haven’t let a single Celtic/No Voters match thread pass without mentioning tonev, to claim it’s point scoring to discuss a Celtic player getting racist abuse, on the Celtic thread, is laughable  

Not sure if this is serious. 

40 minutes ago, AJF said:

You framed it as though he found racism laughable, which of course is not what was being said.

That’s not how it’s framed at all. I don’t believe he finds racism funny i just think it’s a poor choice of words as i explained in my initial reply to him.