The Celtic All Seasons thread

9 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's completely hypothetical. Yourself, with green tinted spectacles on.

What’s hypothetical? That 30% of 40 mil is 12 mil or that we have a 30% sell on clause?

And I do actually wear green tinted glasses, sunglasses mind you but green tinted nonetheless 😎 

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

What’s hypothetical? That 30% of 40 mil is 13 mil or that we have a 30% sell on clause?

That your sell on clause is straight off the mark. I find it hard to believe Leverkusen would have such an outlay in the first place, look to sell him on and say "We will give you 30% of the total fee we sell him for. Here's £12m, speak soon."

They're a selling club. Any future transfer - which they'd be aiming for - they'd want to recoup their outlay then work from there. Only an idiot would allow a percentage of total fee on an early twenty prospect.

29 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

That your sell on clause is straight off the mark. I find it hard to believe Leverkusen would have such an outlay in the first place, look to sell him on and say "We will give you 30% of the total fee we sell him for. Here's £12m, speak soon."

They're a selling club. Any future transfer - which they'd be aiming for - they'd want to recoup their outlay then work from there. Only an idiot would allow a percentage of total fee on an early twenty prospect.

Your suggestion is also hypothetical, we too are a selling a club and we too want our transfer profit as high as possible yet the same 30% clause existed when we sold him to Leverkusen 🤷‍♂️

But I’m not saying you are wrong and I’m right which is why i said “reported to be”, I’m not his agent mate so I clearly don’t know for sure but the interim financials when posted will make that clear if he sells but it isn’t uncommon for clubs to sell at a lower fee to recoup a high % sell on fee and the fee Leverkusen paid for Frimpong considering length of contract, age etc was probably under market value.

But the bottom line is no matter if it’s on the total fee or profit it’s all millions back in the bank and further evidence our transfer model is working pretty well

Edited by Jinky67

53 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

But the bottom line is no matter if it’s on the total fee or profit it’s all millions back in the bank and further evidence our transfer model is working pretty well

Of that there is no question. It now appears to be the ones you get right; you get right spectacularly so. The ones you get wrong; also spectacularly so.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

That would be right if it was 30% of the profit but if information is correct we have inserted the same clause Man City put on us which was 30% of the overall fee.

And if that’s the case we are quids in 

Fair enough - that’s why I added in the bit about you being itk. I thought it was 30% of the profit. 

Great business by Celtic - ludicrous way for Leverkusen to structure the deal.

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair enough - that’s why I added in the bit about you being itk. I thought it was 30% of the profit. 

Great business by Celtic - ludicrous way for Leverkusen to structure the deal.

I can’t confirm that’s actually the case however it is what is being suggested so only time will tell

22 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Can't see Arsenal being in for him now they've agreed a deal for Timber.

Probably not, but with Arsenal perhaps looking to use a back 3 with Timber on the right hand side of it I think you’re right.

They wouldn’t be putting Frimpong ahead of Saka or Martinelli on the wing.

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Probably not, but with Arsenal perhaps looking to use a back 3 with Timber on the right hand side of it I think you’re right.

They wouldn’t be putting Frimpong ahead of Saka or Martinelli on the wing.

They could always sell Tomiyasu but to get a proper right back in but that leaves them with far too much cb depth to keep everyone happy.

57 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah, you wood think so. 

@mods, ban this clown.

8 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

They could always sell Tomiyasu but to get a proper right back in but that leaves them with far too much cb depth to keep everyone happy.

@mods, ban this clown.

You need to log an official complaint 

Daizen signing a new deal now too. Be interesting to see how he's utilised under Rodgers would like to see him being used a bit more central as he has obvious deficiencies as a winger. Rodgers did much the same with Burke when we got him on loan iirc.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Daizen signing a new deal now too. Be interesting to see how he's utilised under Rodgers would like to see him being used a bit more central as he has obvious deficiencies as a winger. Rodgers did much the same with Burke when we got him on loan iirc.

Surely out wide, running around like a mad man, is his main strength? Must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

10 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Surely out wide, running around like a mad man, is his main strength? Must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

In certain games yes but once he's got the ball he struggles to beat a man and/or play a final ball even he has time. His relentless pressing means he has more chances to do this however. I think he looked more at home playing more central for Japan in the Box where he played more instinctively with lack of space and time, like Paul Dickov on speed basically. As it stands however Kyogo is king there and the wingers spots are very much of up for grabs so he will play wide more often than not.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

In certain games yes but once he's got the ball he struggles to beat a man and/or play a final ball even he has time. His relentless pressing means he has more chances to do this however. I think he looked more at home playing more central for Japan in the Box where he played more instinctively in the box, like Paul Dickov on speed basically. As it stands however Kyogo is king there and the wingers spots are very much of up for grabs so he will play wide more often than not.

Japan are not as dominant as Celtic are though. 

Could probably play him centrally in Europe though.

17 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Agree with this. A nightmare to play against, yet I’m still firmly of the view that he’s second rate. For all the plaudits Celtic (rightly) got for their attacking play, they were badly found out in Europe where top drawer forwards just don’t miss the number of chances Celtic’s did.