The Celtic All Seasons thread

Just now, Empty It said:

Thought all the Asian business was Ange's inside knowledge and contacts having worked over there but looks like Celtic must have a decent few scouts out that way.

We barely bought from that market before so really it was Ange's belief and knowledge in that market that has made it fortuitous for us. I'm guessing it's his connections that we are still using too.

47 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We barely bought from that market before so really it was Ange's belief and knowledge in that market that has made it fortuitous for us. I'm guessing it's his connections that we are still using too.

A lot of it is now to do with Mark Lawwell who came in as head of recruitment, he was previously part of the City group as head of scouting and recruitment and worked with Ange at Yokohama. 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I think you are being a bit unfair to Mark Lawell given he worked in recruitment for Yokohama before therefore will have a strong understanding of the player market in that area of the world.

*didn’t see Jinky’s comment before I posted.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Dreams can come true 😂

Kwon opens up on Celtic 'childhood dream' in touching post

Kwon Hyuk-gyu has revealed he has been dreaming of a move to Celtic since he was a boy.

The midfielder, 22, signed a bumper five-year deal at Celtic after completing a transfer move from Busan IPark on Monday.

And he has taken to social media to insist it has been a move he has been "dreaming of since childhood".

Kwon went on to pay tribute to his former club in his "last goodbye" to fans on Instagram

On his Instagram account, Kwon wrote: "Hello, I'm Kwon Hyuk-gyu to all the fans who love Busan iPark.

"After receiving an offer from a great team I've been dreaming of since childhood, I've chosen a new challenge, I've written a long article to say my last goodbye.

"I always had the Busan iPark emblem on my left chest except for my military service days since I had the goal of becoming a professional soccer player in 2010.

"It's heartbreaking to leave a club that has occupied more than half my life, but I've decided to move because it's time to start a challenge to achieve a dream I've had since I was a kid.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23677343.kwon-opens-celtic-childhood-dream-touching-post/

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Dreams can come true 😂

Kwon opens up on Celtic 'childhood dream' in touching post

Kwon Hyuk-gyu has revealed he has been dreaming of a move to Celtic since he was a boy.

The midfielder, 22, signed a bumper five-year deal at Celtic after completing a transfer move from Busan IPark on Monday.

And he has taken to social media to insist it has been a move he has been "dreaming of since childhood".

Kwon went on to pay tribute to his former club in his "last goodbye" to fans on Instagram

On his Instagram account, Kwon wrote: "Hello, I'm Kwon Hyuk-gyu to all the fans who love Busan iPark.

"After receiving an offer from a great team I've been dreaming of since childhood, I've chosen a new challenge, I've written a long article to say my last goodbye.

"I always had the Busan iPark emblem on my left chest except for my military service days since I had the goal of becoming a professional soccer player in 2010.

"It's heartbreaking to leave a club that has occupied more than half my life, but I've decided to move because it's time to start a challenge to achieve a dream I've had since I was a kid.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23677343.kwon-opens-celtic-childhood-dream-touching-post/

Not like you to miss parts out to suit. 

“I am well aware that Celtic is one of the biggest clubs and since I was a youth player I always watched Celtic matches because of Ki Sung-Yueng and Cha Du-Ri”.  

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Not like you to miss parts out to suit. 

“I am well aware that Celtic is one of the biggest clubs and since I was a youth player I always watched Celtic matches because of Ki Sung-Yueng and Cha Du-Ri”.  

Double checked and can't see anything that I've missed,  sorry Drew.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

I feel sorry for anyone that was tuning into Celtic matches with the purpose of watching Cha Du-Ri 😂 bowfing 

He’s won the same amount of domestic honours as your club. 

edit - 😂

Edited by Drew Brees

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I feel sorry for anyone that was tuning into Celtic matches with the purpose of watching Cha Du-Ri 😂 bowfing 

An absolute bang average RB at best. What was even more annoying was that we signed him then tried to force Hinkel out the door in order to save cash under Lawwell's downsizing when it was clear he couldn't lace Hinkel's boots. Hinkel ended up doing his cruciate anyway though.

19 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

So predictable,

Just to clarify, he’s as successful in Scotland as Morelos, Tavenier, Glodson, Kent etc etc etc. 

It’s amusing to see the barrel being scraped so vociferously just because you couldn’t look past a wee tongue-in-cheek comment.

At least your fellow Celtic fans have been able to see it for what it was rather than get offended.

Just to clarify, Kirk Broadfoot has won the Scottish top flight the same amount of times as Paul McStay. Is that how this works?

25 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s amusing to see the barrel being scraped so vociferously just because you couldn’t look past a wee tongue-in-cheek comment.

At least your fellow Celtic fans have been able to see it for what it was rather than get offended.

Just to clarify, Kirk Broadfoot has won the Scottish top flight the same amount of times as Paul McStay. Is that how this works?

That’s how it would work if I was slagging Kirk Broadfoot, but I wasn’t , You’re slagging a guy that’s won as much as your Hall of Fame club captain in a fraction of the time. 

Edited by Drew Brees

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

That’s how it would work if I was slagging Kirk Broadfoot, but I wasn’t , You’re slagging a guy that’s won as much as your Hall of Fame club captain in a fraction of the time. 

I was slagging him cos he was mince and I found it humorous that anyone would tune into a Celtic match to watch him. Something you probably agree with but must defend regardless.

In your defence you’ve opened a door to all kinds of comparables based on someone’s honour list while at a club. Something I’ve gladly taken advantage of.