The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 20/10/2023 at 19:47, jamamafegan said:

To me the simple solution to the OF ticket fiasco would be that both clubs agree on a percentage of the stadium to allocate to away fans. Say for example, 5%. That would give Celtic around 2500 at Ibrox and Rangers 3000 at Celtic Park.

Segregation wise it’s probably easy enough to give Rangers fans the whole corner of that away end at CP. Ibrox is a little trickier without having swathes of empty seats as segregation. One solution I think would be to give Celtic fans the top tier of the Broomloan and have a buffer strip of empty seats along the first few front rows, marshalled by police. Before people say it wouldn’t work, it works perfectly fine in England - an example being Sunderland away at Newcastle.

The corner at Celtic Park is the best place to have away fans, its single tiered and the main stand is far enough away to the away fans. For European games it holds about 2500/3000 without having home fans too close to them. But at Ibrox. I'd have thought it would make more sense to have away fans in that bit behind the goal closest to the main stand, as the stands aren't joined. So have fans in upper and lower tier for that game. That corner at Ibrox where away fans are looks a nightmare as you have fans from both sides close by and above. 

13 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

That corner at Ibrox where away fans are looks a nightmare as you have fans from both sides close by and above. 

At least as an away fan at Ibrox you can get to see the full pitch. I detest the restricted view at CP. 

The police and stewards should be using cctv to deal with the scum that throw projectiles at opposing fans.  

It disgusting behaviour regardless of who does it. 

Send in snatch squads and get these cnuts dealt with. It will soon put a stop to it when they are hauled up in court, fined and banned from attending any future games. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

The police and stewards should be using cctv to deal with the scum that throw projectiles at opposing fans.  

It disgusting behaviour regardless of who does it. 

Send in snatch squads and get these cnuts dealt with. It will soon put a stop to it when they are hauled up in court, fined and banned from attending any future games. 

Wouldn’t hold my breathe, they still haven’t found the fan that threw the bottle at Hart. 

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Another UEFA fine coming up.

I’m not too sure how “official” the green brigade membership but if it’s something that is registered somewhere then the club should increase the cost of the members season tickets to cover the fine as it’s not really fair on the club/other supporters that they need to suffer because of the actions of a few thousand.

On 25/10/2023 at 15:24, Sortmeout said:

I’m not too sure how “official” the green brigade membership but if it’s something that is registered somewhere then the club should increase the cost of the members season tickets to cover the fine as it’s not really fair on the club/other supporters that they need to suffer because of the actions of a few thousand.

Celtic should grow a backbone and tell UEFA to f**k off. 

Waving Ukrainian flags was fine a few months ago.  Why are Palestinian flags banned now. 

On 26/10/2023 at 18:27, sparky88 said:

Celtic should grow a backbone and tell UEFA to f**k off. 

Waving Ukrainian flags was fine a few months ago.  Why are Palestinian flags banned now. 

It's always seemed remarkable to me that a reasonably successful football club in Glasgow has gathered such a politically astute, socially aware support fired with moral certitude whilst the rest of us Scottish football fans continually wrestle with issues which prove impossible to reconcile with the simplistic and self-indulgent waving of flags.

The Green Brigade are wee ned c**ts for the most part but outright banning them for opposing oppression and genocide is A) taking the piss, B) Strange, when the entire stadium had Palestine flags on Tuesday, C) Hypocritical - on count of support for Ukraine being encouraged, and D) Ironic - considering Celtic was born from the famine in Ireland, a result of oppression and - one could argue - attempted ethnic cleansing / genocide.

There goes the entire Parkhead atmosphere, too.

20 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

The Green Brigade are wee ned c**ts for the most part but outright banning them for opposing oppression and genocide is A) taking the piss, B) Strange, when the entire stadium had Palestine flags on Tuesday, C) Hypocritical - on count of support for Ukraine being encouraged, and D) Ironic - considering Celtic was born from the famine in Ireland, a result of oppression and - one could argue - attempted ethnic cleansing / genocide.

There goes the entire Parkhead atmosphere, too.

Apparently not why they have been banned. The ban is to do with safety and conduct concerns raised with the group since September.

Edited by Jinky67