The Celtic All Seasons thread

20 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

The Green Brigade are wee ned c**ts for the most part but outright banning them for opposing oppression and genocide is A) taking the piss, B) Strange, when the entire stadium had Palestine flags on Tuesday, C) Hypocritical - on count of support for Ukraine being encouraged, and D) Ironic - considering Celtic was born from the famine in Ireland, a result of oppression and - one could argue - attempted ethnic cleansing / genocide.

There goes the entire Parkhead atmosphere, too.

Apparently not why they have been banned. The ban is to do with safety and conduct concerns raised with the group since September.

Edited by Jinky67

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Apparently not why they have been banned. The ban is to do with safety and conduct concerns raised with the group since September.

Same problems occurred on Saturday without they bigoted fannies regardless.

Anyway good news.  The less scum at Scottish football the better.  Maybe they could go support an oirish mob. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The tories running our club make me sick. 
A quick change from being banned from only away games to now home games aswell with the only action in between that being the Palestine flags so quite obvious what the issue the board have with them is now. 

They cited unsafe behaviour at Easter Road including intimidation of stewards, is that the away game at Easter Road that they were banned from? 

Edited by Drew Brees

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Jinky was spot on.

Not thought to be because of the Palestinian flags ( good ! )

maybe the Hama's comments though !

Also behaviour at away grounds , Netherlands , Motherwell.

( Easter Road as well ? )

There was trouble too at Tynecastle relatively recently with forged tickets

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

A quick change from being banned from only away games to now home games aswell with the only action in between that being the Palestine flags so quite obvious what the issue the board have with them is now. 

They cited unsafe behaviour at Easter Road including intimidation of stewards, is that the away game at Easter Road that they were banned from? 

They probably should have took heid of the ban then instead of turning up and over crowding as usual. 

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I know the club have been at a odds with the GB for a good while but surely they don't think anyone will genuinely buy that?

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Banned from Easter Road and Tynecastle. Unsure if it may have something to do with people getting in without tickets.

Happens at Celtic Park too tbf, boy behind me at the Madrid game was boasting to those around he snuck his brother in. Daftie was getting moved from a seat every few mins until he eventually found an empty one 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Banned from Easter Road and Tynecastle. Unsure if it may have something to do with people getting in without tickets.

So the lay the blame of the at the feet of the GB and ban every one of them. They are lying b*****ds. It’s obvious why they’re banned but they don’t have the balls to come out and say it. 

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Have sponsors been putting pressure on celtic after the Green brigades 7th October banners?

Tbf The board should’ve banned them immediately after that.
I’m not sure how much people knew at that point the extent of the attack and the amount of fatalities, I was oblivious to what had happened, but that was by far the worse. 

But waiting til after the Atlético game stinks imo. Says it all about them. 

35 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

So the lay the blame of the at the feet of the GB and ban every one of them. They are lying b*****ds. It’s obvious why they’re banned but they don’t have the balls to come out and say it. 

If it is indeed to do with the banners it really should have come immediately after the Killie game the message would have at least been clear irrespective of anyone’s opinion on the merit of it.

From what has been leaked into social media it looks as if the specific reasons have been given to those directly impacted.

I expect this will get rather messy now

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

It is a bit weird that we've been away for that fixture seven seasons in a row, and your team have been at home seven seasons in a row for the same fixture.

But it results in no discernible disadvantage so I am not sure what there is to be “unlucky” about. 

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

But it results in no discernible disadvantage so I am not sure what there is to be “unlucky” about. 

If there's no advantage then why doesn't it change every other year? On the pitch there may not be a tangible advantage outwith the typical advantage of being at home, but it's typically a feel good time of year where people are spending more money and enjoying the festivities. Surely it's just fairer that our fans aren't having to be the ones travelling away every post-Xmas fixture.

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

You won't have him much longer !

That tends to be how it goes with our top performers. As long as he performs well while he's still with us he'll go with my best wishes.