The Celtic All Seasons thread

10 minutes ago, Molotov said:

On TalkSPORT one GB walloper came on saying they hold all their meetings at Kieran Tierneys Subway franchise restaurant (I think he said Helensburgh) as though that was going to make it seem as though a top player approves of all they do and therefore the actions they take are acceptable.

What a grade A “Look at Me” plonker. 

GB and TNC released a statement saying that no actual members will be speaking to any mainstream media so this is probably a hanger on.

Just now, stressball said:

GB and TNC released a statement saying that no actual members will be speaking to any mainstream media so this is probably a hanger on.

Read a couple of places that he’s not a member, who knows but he’s definitely a walloper. Tierneys subway 😂

44 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

My two best pals are ST ticket holders in the standing area of North Curve, in total I know 5 guys that have adjoining spaces, they are maybe 10 rows above the GB section & probably have around over 100 years accumulated ST holding at CP. Every single one of them hates the GB, like others have said, it started as a focal point for singing / chants to increase atmosphere but now it’s become “look at us”.

A fan group like they started as, with the correct motivations could really help an anti-bigotry campaign, but of course that’ll never happen as they are complete edge-lords. 

A fan group which started with the word 'brigade' in it's title is not helping anti bigotry

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

A fan group which started with the word 'brigade' in it's title is not helping anti bigotry

Aye true! It’s a completely Catholic term as evidenced by the Boys Brigade? 

Edited to add, not for one second did I think that The Green Brigade would be a force for good in anti-bigotry campaigns. My point was, similar groups could really promote anti bigotry, if it’s “cool” to be in an ultra group & said ultra group promotes racism, bigotry, homophobia etc as bad as there tenet, it would help? 

Edited by Brother Blades

18 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

If there's no advantage then why doesn't it change every other year? On the pitch there may not be a tangible advantage outwith the typical advantage of being at home, but it's typically a feel good time of year where people are spending more money and enjoying the festivities. Surely it's just fairer that our fans aren't having to be the ones travelling away every post-Xmas fixture.

Tbf, given the number of gloryhunters in your support you could argue you are one of the 2 clubs least affected by this.

You could probably still sell out the away end if you only sold tickets to Celtic fans with a DD postcode ffs :lol: 

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Another splitter? He seemed quite adamant that he was part of the GB. Perhaps I misheard him. I’ll upload the YouTube or podcast when available so he can be dealt with by the GB and the TNC.

14 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Another splitter? He seemed quite adamant that he was part of the GB. Perhaps I misheard him. I’ll upload the YouTube or podcast when available so he can be dealt with by the GB and the TNC.

He was adamant and you heard correctly, just a few are poo pooing his claim, as you would after hearing him.  😊

1 hour ago, stressball said:

They have mixed membership between the two, but not all NC are GB and not all GB are NC.

My main worry is that The Bhoys group, who in my view pare worse than the GB, will now double down and go tonto.

This is a football club we're talking about, right ?  Or is Celtic FC some sort of socio-political project masquerading as one ?

Attention seekers seek attention. The values that Celtic were founded on can be easily hijacked and misrepresented. 
Celtic were never your average parochial club, but all this does is split the fans with differing opinions or views. 
Latching on to every current event using the club as a platform isn’t the way to go about. 

2 hours ago, stressball said:

It’s a simple question mate. 

Your club has just joined the rest of Scottish football and called out a group of your own fans and the first thing you're wailing about is Rangers and Hearts. 

If it is deemed right. I'm sure he will call out their fanbases - lord knows they get it already.

To come online and say "can you start calling out other rockets instead of our rockets" isn't a good look.

30 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

He was adamant and you heard correctly, just a few are poo pooing his claim, as you would after hearing him.  😊

It’s probably a Rangers fan at the windup I’d imagine. You often get similar on various call in shows with folk pretending to be a fan of another club.

6 hours ago, Molotov said:

Ffs. I’m clearly a St Mirren fan.

I did discuss the other issues and the actions the club and the authorities should have taken at the time of those incidents. 

If it was the Tory remark that has triggered you then I’m sorry. But that does not excuse your ignorance over what I wrote in both posts.

Did not know you were a St Mirren fan.

14 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Your club has just joined the rest of Scottish football and called out a group of your own fans and the first thing you're wailing about is Rangers and Hearts. 

If it is deemed right. I'm sure he will call out their fanbases - lord knows they get it already.

To come online and say "can you start calling out other rockets instead of our rockets" isn't a good look.

Not really what I’m doing, he’s been at it for ages so I want to see him do it to others with as much fervour. You do you though 

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s probably a Rangers fan at the windup I’d imagine. You often get similar on various call in shows with folk pretending to be a fan of another club.

Nah. Not buying that. He was definitely a Celtic fan. He could actually string some coherent sentences together. 😂 

Only joking!