The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Obviously not 😂

It’s just more of the sound bite bullshit from Rodgers that the Celtic fans fell for the last time.

He said he sat the team down and showed them a host of headlines from August writing them off. It’s evidently nonsense, but gets lapped up by the same fans that called out his made up stories the last time after he ditched them.

It’s like Rangers fans buying into the next season narrative after every manager gets punted a few months after a summer transfer window.

Its a funny old game 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

you must have started commissioning ‘going for 55’ merchandise in the club shop? 

Most likely, I assume someone is coming up with some banterific way of playing with that number 😂

We have a tendency to get ahead of ourselves and sometimes falling short though 

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s like Rangers fans buying into the next season narrative after every manager gets punted a few months after a summer transfer window.

Its a funny old game 

Indeed. Both fan bases lap up the shite fed to them. This is just the latest example of it to be met with whataboutery. The cycle continues.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

you must have started commissioning ‘going for 55’ merchandise in the club shop? 

We’ve already employed Jim Traynor for the ‘going for 55’ offensive. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AJF said:

Indeed. Both fan bases lap up the shite fed to them. This is just the latest example of it to be met with whataboutery. The cycle continues.

I most certainly hope so

Edited by Jinky67

On 21/05/2024 at 14:43, AJF said:

Without sitting through that video, is this whole “we wrote our own story” stuff, feeding the narrative from Rodgers in the last week or two about Celtic being written off in August?

If so, can anyone reasonably explain this or point to anyone in August that wrote off a Celtic side fresh from winning a treble and bringing back one of their most successful managers?

No, and I don't remember us being written off in August. It's just a nice video with some ups and downs from the season, and some sound bites.

On 21/05/2024 at 16:03, Dons_1988 said:

17 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Delighted Joe Hart got to retire a champion. He's been a great signing for us. An absolutely top guy as well.

Not sure if Bain is staying at Celtic after this season so we probably need two keepers this summer.

1 hour ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Is he out of contract?

I'm sure he signed a long term contract under Ange. I said this on a different thread but unless he's wanting first team football I can't see him leaving because shortly he will be our only senior keeper and will also fill up one of the homegrown slots.

As for getting someone in would rather have an older keeper again for cheap such as Forster/McCarthy down south. Not exactly imaginative or the preferable sweeper keeper type but would rather have the experienced pair of hands than more of a risky signing.

On 26/05/2024 at 22:30, LuboMoravcik said:

Delighted Joe Hart got to retire a champion. He's been a great signing for us. An absolutely top guy as well.

Now that's click bait Love Boat Smile GIF

1 minute ago, LuboMoravcik said:

image.png.dbdecc22bbcc9810b6d3127915663661.png

New home top revealed. I quite like it.

Looks just like the last one and the one before that...