The Celtic All Seasons thread

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The reality is if Bayo signs, Weah will be 3rd choice striker that plays for a manager who favours a formation with 1 striker.

He’s unlikely to play very much. However I think it’s quite clever by Lawell as it will further raise Celtic’s brand in the US and Africa. It’s a commercial signing, nothing else.

Bayo and Weah can also play left and right of the striker but our point is valid,more creative and attacking options thou.
To many loan signings for me.

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

And the only reason Defoe is playing for Ranger is because he's shyte emoji38.png

yep, tell yourself that.....more than capable in the Scottish football and you know it.

Edited by red23

53 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Given Defoe has hardly scored in the last year and a half, is 36, and on massive wages, I would take Weah as he has more potential to be good than Defoe has and won't eat up as big a portion of the wage budget.   I'm just not buying into the Defoe hype at this stage in his career,  he is a long way off the Defoe of his prime

More potential? Well that'll come in handy next seas..... 

Given Defoe has hardly scored in the last year and a half, is 36, and on massive wages, I would take Weah as he has more potential to be good than Defoe has and won't eat up as big a portion of the wage budget.   I'm just not buying into the Defoe hype at this stage in his career,  he is a long way off the Defoe of his prime
defoe should destroy defences in this league despite his age. your point about wages though is very valid. very surprised the **** want him for 18 months as it looks like a signing to push for the title this season.

im looking forward to seeing weah as ive been reading about him for about 3 years so will be interesting to see if his reputation is built on talent or a surname.
Lewis Morgan wanted by us on loan as a short term replacement for Martin Boyle. 
And can you lot just release Scott Allan already. 
i thought him to sunderland was a done deal?

15 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Why does he have more potential to be good?

I think Defoe is going to be a flop but would much rather sign him than some PSG youth prospect who'll never get a game.

20 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That's Bayo confirmed too. Exciting so far. A centre back and a right back next please. Would have been content with just one striker and the two defenders so fair play to the board so far.

Unusually for us, we've been off the mark during a transfer window which would say to me at least another two signings are to follow.  RB, CH and a midfielder wouldn't go a miss. 

26 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That's Bayo confirmed too. Exciting so far. A centre back and a right back next please. Would have been content with just one striker and the two defenders so fair play to the board so far.

Celtic have been linked with Portsmouth's Jack Whatmough.  22 years old, has been a regular for them this year as they lead League One

A few numbers on Bayo, he's scored 22 goals in 32 games for DAC, 14 in 25 league games, 3 in 4 Europa League qualifiers and 5 in 3 cup games.  Goal to minute ratio is an impressive 1 goal per 117 minutes.  The Slovakian League is ranged below Scotland, they were 31st while Scotland was 23rd. 

17 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

A few numbers on Bayo, he's scored 22 goals in 32 games for DAC, 14 in 25 league games, 3 in 4 Europa League qualifiers and 5 in 3 cup games.  Goal to minute ratio is an impressive 1 goal per 117 minutes.  The Slovakian League is ranged below Scotland, they were 31st while Scotland was 23rd. 

All be it it not that great a level, his record is quite impressive for the money we have paid. Yeah he’s not scored at a high level yet but the Scottish premiership isn’t going to be massively above the slovakian league league for me when you consider Morelos came from the finnish league,which is below the slovakian league, with relative ease.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

All be it it not that great a level, his record is quite impressive for the money we have paid. Yeah he’s not scored at a high level yet but the Scottish premiership isn’t going to be massively above the slovakian league league for me when you consider Morelos came from the finnish league,which is below the slovakian league, with relative ease.

The Slovak league is probably at the level of most Scottish Premiership teams judging by how they got on in  Europe this year.  One team made the group stage of the EL, one made hte playoff round while others went out in the third and second rounds.