The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Excellent signing imo. The change of culture and country might just be what he needs.

Shame he is out of favour and hopefully not a donkey waiting to be put out to pasture, but I don't see that here after seeing him play through MoTD. A decent defender indeed that has played against the best in the EPL. Won't be cheap though!

I think that his form has dropped due to his off-field issues.  If he can keep focused then I think he will do really well for Celtic if he signs for us.  Don't think QPR would ask for much of a fee, but he may want a pretty penny wage wise.  

18 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I think that his form has dropped due to his off-field issues.  If he can keep focused then I think he will do really well for Celtic if he signs for us.  Don't think QPR would ask for much of a fee, but he may want a pretty penny wage wise.  

If nothing else he will be mental on the Christmas night out.

Didn't see the Lyon game the other day, but from the reports i've heard youngster Benyu had a very good game.
There was ideas that he could be loaned out to get more game time, from his interview it looks like he'd prefer to fight for a place in the first team, and BR might give him the opportunity.
Only one game, I know, but hopefully looks like we may have a player on our hands.
I'll wait to see what he can offer first.
vmg3nWt.jpg

I was one of the few who braved it yesterday, Benyu was indeed excellent. Strong and great at receiving the ball and making space for himself.

I was one of the many that didn't brave it tbh [emoji23]

How were we? Heard first half was good with a few standing out. Second half was the kids I assume?

6 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I was one of the many that didn't brave it tbh emoji23.png

How were we? Heard first half was good with a few standing out. Second half was the kids I assume?

Yeah we looked alright in the first half although it was mainly new boys and reserves. Lyon were pressing us really well so seemed like a good workout. Second half was mainly the kids but think we conceded one or two before there were wholesale changes.

13 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Didn't see the Lyon game the other day, but from the reports i've heard youngster Benyu had a very good game.
There was ideas that he could be loaned out to get more game time, from his interview it looks like he'd prefer to fight for a place in the first team, and BR might give him the opportunity.
Only one game, I know, but hopefully looks like we may have a player on our hands.
I'll wait to see what he can offer first.
vmg3nWt.jpg

I left at half time but he really caught the eye in the first half, Rodgers was in the paper saying that he initially planned to loan him out but he has impressed in the short time that he's been up here. You could always give him to us for a season.....

I left at half time but he really caught the eye in the first half, Rodgers was in the paper saying that he initially planned to loan him out but he has impressed in the short time that he's been up here. You could always give him to us for a season.....

Were you on scouting business Dom?

5 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Were you on scouting business Dom?

If i was i would be on the blower to Lenny to enquire about taking Benyu for a season, Koussi on loan as well if I'm being greedy. Rodgers has said that Benyu may benefit from staying with Celtic just now though so we'll just have to see what happens.

On 13/07/2017 at 15:48, senorsoupe said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steven-caulker-set-offered-celtic-10791374

Looks like we are interested in Steven Caulker, who Brendan worked with at Swansea.  He's a good defender (but not so good substitute striker) and is looking for a fresh start after some off-field problems.  

this signing would be the same as Sinclair a player looking to get his career going again both players played of the GB Olympic team
this also reminds me of Martin O'Neil signing players that have fell out of favour eg. Sutton and Thompson 

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Hibbees going to watch Celtic? Fucking weirdos. 

free tickets m8. It's also a common occurrence for us to go to Celtic games. Why wouldn't we go to the best stadium in Scotland to watch the best team when we get the chance? You're not really a Hibs fan if you haven't been in the home end at Celtic Park IMO. 

Edited by Hibeesbounce75

Hibbees going to watch Celtic? Fucking weirdos. 

I'm no stranger to going along to watch other teams, mainly Dumbarton, Clydebank or Patrick Thistle. However, on the odd occasion that I do this, Celtic won't be playing that day.

To go along to watch another team play a meaningless friendly while your own team are playing their first competitive match of the season is a bit of a minter tbh.

I've never used the term minter in my life and have only seen it on here so hope that I have used it in the correct context [emoji23]

8 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I'm no stranger to going along to watch other teams, mainly Dumbarton, Clydebank or Patrick Thistle. However, on the odd occasion that I do this, Celtic won't be playing that day.

To go along to watch another team play a meaningless friendly while your own team are playing their first competitive match of the season is a bit of a minter tbh.

I've never used the term minter in my life and have only seen it on here so hope that I have used it in the correct context emoji23.png

You have indeed used the correct terminology in this instance.