The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Neil Lennon apparently told Tim Weah to "pack his bags and f**k off", when Weah went to talk to him about being called up for USAs U20 side :lol:

An absolute moron.

:lol: What a weird clown. Hopefully announced as permanent manager some time tomorrow.

Neil Lennon apparently told Tim Weah to "pack his bags and f**k off", when Weah went to talk to him about being called up for USAs U20 side [emoji38]
An absolute moron.
Lucky to get another gig after the Hibs blowout, never mind the biggest job in Scotland.

He is Sevco's best hope of stopping 10 in a row.

Doesn't say "pack your bags and f**k off"

Maybe I've missed it?

According to Keevins, Weah was called back to the US to be with the national squad, but a compromise had been reached with Celtic. He would return to Scotland the week of the cup final, train with the team and be a part of the cup squad. Weah himself, rejected this option, and based on his decision was told by Lennon that he should leave with immediate effect.

Correct decision imo, leagues won and he doesn’t want to be part of the final, no point in hanging around.

According to Keevins, Weah was called back to the US to be with the national squad, but a compromise had been reached with Celtic. He would return to Scotland the week of the cup final, train with the team and be a part of the cup squad. Weah himself, rejected this option, and based on his decision was told by Lennon that he should leave with immediate effect.

Correct decision imo, leagues won and he doesn’t want to be part of the final, no point in hanging around.
Sorry mate, this doesn't fit in with the P&B narrative.

13 hours ago, TavTastic said:

:lol: What a weird clown. Hopefully announced as permanent manager some time tomorrow.

Is it not more a case of Weah signed to develop under Brendan Rodgers and realised that he’s not going to develop under Lennon as he’s not a good coach ??

Lennon clearly doesn’t rate Weah, Burke or Benkovic so probably best for all parties if the loan deals end just now.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is it not more a case of Weah signed to develop under Brendan Rodgers and realised that he’s not going to develop under Lennon as he’s not a good coach ??

Lennon clearly doesn’t rate Weah, Burke or Benkovic so probably best for all parties if the loan deals end just now.

If Lennon doesn't rate Benkovic then that just shows why it's great he's getting the Celtic job permanently as Benkovic is a great player. 

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

If Lennon doesn't rate Benkovic then that just shows why it's great he's getting the Celtic job permanently as Benkovic is a great player. 

He’s not given him much of an opportunity.

If he rates him he goes out and signs him.

I think Lennon will get the job full time. I hope I’m wrong and Celtic go for someone with a better pedigree although I understand that it’s difficult to attract people to Scottish football.

Never been a fan of loan players without an option to buy at the end of the spell, as Celtic are never gonna sign any of the 3 of them then I’d agree with you, plus Lennon seems to agree as he’s not playing them.

13 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Never been a fan of loan players without an option to buy at the end of the spell, as Celtic are never gonna sign any of the 3 of them then I’d agree with you, plus Lennon seems to agree as he’s not playing them.

I have been impressed with Benkovic in the few games I’ve seen him on TV however Lennon clearly not a fan so he’s better being sent back to Leicester and loaned someplace where he will get game time next season.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I have been impressed with Benkovic in the few games I’ve seen him on TV however Lennon clearly not a fan so he’s better being sent back to Leicester and loaned someplace where he will get game time next season.

He was injured when Lennon took the reigns but as unconvincing we have at time since he has taken over we have conceded only 2  goals I think so I can see why Lennon's not playing him despite him arguably being the best centre back in the league.

I personally would love to have him longer but given he cost Leicester 13 million there is no chance we will.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s not given him much of an opportunity.

If he rates him he goes out and signs him.

I think Lennon will get the job full time. I hope I’m wrong and Celtic go for someone with a better pedigree although I understand that it’s difficult to attract people to Scottish football.

Can you tell me what Lennon has done wrong?

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He was injured when Lennon took the reigns but as unconvincing we have at time since he has taken over we have conceded only 2  goals I think so I can see why Lennon's not playing him despite him arguably being the best centre back in the league.

I personally would love to have him longer but given he cost Leicester 13 million there is no chance we will.

Yes you can’t argue with his record since he took over and he’ll also not cost any compensation and don’t expect he’ll command a huge salary.

I think Benkovic will want to have a crack at England.