The Celtic All Seasons thread

Why would Forster want to try and play in one of the top leagues in the world against a high standard of opposition, in his home country, where he'd be more visible to his national team manager when he could play in a tinpot two team league that he'd win facing one shot a game, with the occasion shoeing in Europe thrown in? 

24 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Never thought about Lewis, good shout.

Throw the Sheep a few pennies, that should do it l.

Should be a decent back up for Bain, Aberdeen could even fetch 7 figures if they throw in McKenna as well? Obvs we will throw in Hendry as well for good will. 

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hladky must be in with a shout for best keeper in Scotland and surely could be prised away easily.

Sadly he doesn't need to be "prised away".

He's out of contract and is off to pastures new.😭

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Sadly he doesn't need to be "prised away".

He's out of contract and is off to pastures new.😭

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hladky must be in with a shout for best keeper in Scotland and surely could be prised away easily.

Few Celtic fans on twitter(I know) say they have been heavily linked with him. General consensus is it would good business but only as back up.

Decent enough keeper but Hlady didnt do himself any favours when he faked an injury when he collapsed when a smoke bomb was thrown on the pitch absolutely nowhere near him.
It wasn't a smoke bomb for a start, it exploded like a firework and it did land near him.

Anyway, best keeper iv seen play for us. Being biased I'd say he is good enough to be Celtic's number 1, what let's him down is his stature. I think if he was a couple of inches taller and a bit bulkier he could play at a much higher level. He is better with the ball at his feet than most players in this league, excellent distribution.

43 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It wasn't a smoke bomb for a start, it exploded like a firework and it did land near him.

Anyway, best keeper iv seen play for us. Being biased I'd say he is good enough to be Celtic's number 1, what let's him down is his stature. I think if he was a couple of inches taller and a bit bulkier he could play at a much higher level. He is better with the ball at his feet than most players in this league, excellent distribution.

Ive been closer than he was to one when it went off, there was literally a goal mouth between them.Yes I did shit my pants when it off but absolutely nobody around me collapsed in a heap and then went to seek medical attention.

Despite this episode I would take the theatrical keeper right now since hes on a free, hes better than Bain imo but would still like a more experienced keeper considering we are going for 10 this year.

Todays gossip

Celtic, Leeds and Watford are interested in Benfica's Croatian defender Branimir Kalaica.

Also -

Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has confirmed goalkeeper Fraser Forster does not want another loan to Celtic but the 32-year-old could return to Glasgow if a permanent deal can be agreed.Former Celtic stopper Roy Baines has urged the Premiership winners to purse a deal for Forster rather than free agent Joe Hart and AEK Athens are keen to sell keeper and Celtic target Vasilios Barkas, who is valued at £5m

About time Roy Baines spoke out about Fraser Forster, can't wait to hear his views on the covid crisis and the government's handling of it.

Any further word on this Sky drama in regards to the virtual season ticket?

Newest stuff is that the blanket ban isn’t so much as a blanket and it will only involve clubs that have sold a pay per view service in regards to the games.

All a bit messy, but sky are notorious for doing deals with other parties and as part of it not allowing the full conditions to be disclosed by anyone but them.