The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Can anyone tell me why Bolingoli wasn't sacked for what he done?

I only ask as my girlfriend works for Celtic and there's a lot of her colleagues asserting that if it were them who'd done what Bolingoli had done they'd be out the door with a P45 immediately. If one of them were to now f**k off to Spain for a weekend and go back to work on Monday, would they be within their rights to point out that a precedent has been set and they can't lose their job?

Seems to me Bolingoli has only been kept on so Celtic can make some money from moving him on. Not sure it sends the right message tbh.

He's facing a disciplinary process, and presumably dismissal is one possible outcome of that, although I agree it probably won't happen.

Would Celtic have to honour the rest of his contract after his little holiday or would there possibly have been a breach which would allow them to terminate it for sweet fa?

1 hour ago, AJF said:

It probably doesn’t send the right message, but footballers are assets worth a lot of money.

Celtic will no doubt look to offload him in a way that minimises their losses.

Yet a player like morelos is on Columbia tv every week telling them he wants to leave maybe Bolingoli has gave him the answer. 

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Would Celtic have to honour the rest of his contract after his little holiday or would there possibly have been a breach which would allow them to terminate it for sweet fa?

Going to Spain for a day isn't a holiday but it sure pissed a lot of people off.
If he didn't play for that 10 minutes at the  end of the game i'm pretty sure nobody would've heard anything about it.

You really think during a global pandemic, a company that falls into the large corporate sector didn’t know where a £3m asset was at all times ??

In this case yes, they told all the players to stay home.

But I agree, whether they knew or not, it was still lunacy bringing that **** on.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

In this case yes, they told all the players to stay home.

But I agree, whether they knew or not, it was still lunacy bringing that **** on.

So you have a major flaw in your controls.

Listen, the guy was a total arsehole but Celtic should have had greater preventative measures in place.

At least this, and the issue with Griffiths, will mean the club will carry out a full risk assessment. I don’t expect Bolingoli will be the only staff member disciplined as a result of this. 

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I believe so...

Bennett doesnt believes so.. 

I'd find it hard to believe Lennon brought him on after knowing he was in Spain..

Have we been giving a reason why he went to  Spain btw? One day sounds very  suspicious haha

Edited by Bohemian

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

So you have a major flaw in your controls.

Listen, the guy was a total arsehole but Celtic should have had greater preventative measures in place.

At least this, and the issue with Griffiths, will mean the club will carry out a full risk assessment. I don’t expect Bolingoli will be the only staff member disciplined as a result of this. 

Again I'm  not sure like Aberdeen how a club is supposed to know where their players are 24/7.... 

4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Bennett doesnt believes so.. 

I'd find it hard to believe Lennon brought him on after knowing he was in Spain..

Have we been giving a reason why he went to a Spain btw?

I agree - there’s no danger Celtic would’ve even selected him for the match day squad if they’d known.

This is where the player should be punished and the only fall back on any club would be if they communicated that it was okay to leave or they were unclear on what was acceptable which I’d doubt is the case.

As much as I dislike Celtic, I’d find it very hard to believe they’d take a risk like that.

Edited by AJF