The Celtic All Seasons thread

Birmingham Live have us in for Burke on a permanent deal.
We currently only have 2 senior fit wingers and Forrest needs to have a player breathing down his ‘neck’ to get the best out of him. Im sceptical we would be after him and would imagine WBA would be looking to recoup as much of their initial outlay as possible.

Edited by gannonball

20 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Was he not reekin' the last time he was up here? 

Started decent enough under Rodgers but was used very sparingly under Lennon. Last I can remember of him is starting derby game up front and was terrible and was hardly seen again.

If he's going for f**k all he's a decent option to have as impact player at this level but I doubt he is some other championship club would take a punt on him for 5/6 million I would imagine.

1 hour ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Burke is an athlete but has the touch of an elephant. We could really use another winger but he isn't the answer.

I never thought his first touch was that bad in Scottish football terms but his footballing brain was so non-existent that he would often needlessly run full pelt to get to the ball without thinking about how to play on after.  The only mode he can really operate under is ‘headless chicken’. Sadly he's had coaching under various styles and cultures and doesn’t seemed to have changed much. 

Edited by gannonball

20 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Was he not reekin' the last time he was up here? 

Oh aye.

Still think there's something in him though. When you're big and fast like him surely some manager somewhere knows how to make it fall into place.