The Celtic All Seasons thread

14 hours ago, gannonball said:

Lee O’Connor away to Tranmere on loan, was expecting him to be involved with the friendlies given we dont really ave any other centre backs other than Walsh. Surely another centre back is imminent.

3 loaned out in the past week and one in, I make that 10 out and 3 in, I expect with Scottish teams allowed 6 loan players this season Celtic will take advantage of that once the top leagues have sorted there squads out.
The market Celtic shop in is just opened the problem with that is it doesn't shut until October so Celtic fans will need to be patient.
All clubs will need to cut their cloth so there should be a lot talent out there from the last two weeks in September.

7 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Cut your cloth? You just spent over 5 million on a keeper and 4.5 million on a striker that didnt score a goal last season.... 😂 yeah stay patient... ffs ha

I don't judge players on their price tag,Bolingoli,Kouassi,Hendry,Bayo and Shved all costed Celtic decent dosh but can't make the grade.

19 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Cut your cloth? You just spent over 5 million on a keeper and 4.5 million on a striker that didnt score a goal last season.... 😂 yeah stay patient... ffs ha

Wait until they tell you about the savings they made three years ago, though! 

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

all costed Celtic decent dosh

It's getting worse. 

32 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Can't see Celtic losing the league this season. Rangers won't get the 350,000 wants its from us until next summer.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Quick scan of Twitter this morning is seeing Forrest getting dogs abuse and called shite (again) by Celtic fans. Is his time up or is it just overreaction? 

He has always been a bang average one-dimensional winger made to look far better than he is by playing against utter tripe in Scotland  every week. 

He also does that put-on aeroplane run thing for absolutely no reason other than being a wee weirdo. 

A3566B03-31E3-4F75-961E-13908CB3690F.gif

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Quick scan of Twitter this morning is seeing Forrest getting dogs abuse and called shite (again) by Celtic fans. Is his time up or is it just overreaction? 

I don't think Lennon does him any favours. Plays him constantly without any real competition behind him and will still play him when we are 3-5-2 and is clearly not a wing back.

His best form was under Rodgers when  he had Roberts breathing down his (non-existent) neck.

His stats over a season are great but last season there was a month where basically kicked a ball and and was an absolute passenger in 2 derbies yet Lennon continued to pick him. After the break he came back much much better but Lennon should have dropped/rested him sooner for the good of everyone.

Edited by gannonball

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I don't think Lennon does him any favours. Plays him constantly without any real competition behind him and will still play him when we are 3-5-2 and is clearly not a wing back.

His best form was under Rodgers when  he had Roberts breathing down his (non-existent) neck.

His stats over a season are great but last season there was a month where basically kicked a ball and and was an absolute passenger in 2 derbies yet Lennon continued to pick him. After the break he came back much much better but Lennon should have dropped/rested him sooner for the good of everyone.

I think he's a bit overrated but something he is very good at is moving the ball up the park. Gives the defence a bit of breathing space.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

His stats over a season are great

I love stats but Forrest is one example of why I'm always a bit wary about proclaiming players great based on numbers. 

He gets raved about by Twitter stattos who never watch games, but fans watching the same game think he's awful.

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think he's a bit overrated but something he is very good at is moving the ball up the park. Gives the defence a bit of breathing space.

Absolutely. Works a treat for us especially at times when we are in Europe and under cosh and you can feed the ball to him and he will carry the ball and give you valuable yards and breathing space/time when he's up against a high line defence. He has underwhelmed often for Scotland but it would take frankly a moron to say he is pish. Stats can be deceiving but they do mitigate against outright lies, you can’t score and assist that many over a season if you are that bad,

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I love stats but Forrest is one example of why I'm always a bit wary about proclaiming players great based on numbers. 

He gets raved about by Twitter stattos who never watch games, but fans watching the same game think he's awful.

Yeah a stat I do like to point out regarding this is Browns highest pass percentage rate in the champions league one year. From that you might think he is passes the ball about for fun like Mcgregor but really he knows his limits and keeps the ball for us by playing simple 5 yard balls to keep possession for us . As for Forrest though see above he simply cant be ‘awful’ as his scores and assists are cant be ignored. He certainly has awful games and form though.

51 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Absolutely. Works a treat for us especially at times when we are in Europe and under cosh and you can feed the ball to him and he will carry the ball and give you valuable yards and breathing space/time when he's up against a high line defence. He has underwhelmed often for Scotland but it would take frankly a moron to say he is pish. Stats can be deceiving but they do mitigate against outright lies, you can’t score and assist that many over a season if you are that bad,

Yeah a stat I do like to point out regarding this is Browns highest pass percentage rate in the champions league one year. From that you might think he is passes the ball about for fun like Mcgregor but really he knows his limits and keeps the ball for us by playing simple 5 yard balls to keep possession for us . As for Forrest though see above he simply cant be ‘awful’ as his scores and assists are cant be ignored. He certainly has awful games and form though.

To say he’s awful is just silly. He’s a good player for Celtic in the Premier League where they dominate the majority of teams.

He doesn’t have the quality at Champions League or International level.

He’ll never get a transfer to an ‘elite’ league but he’ll retire a millionaire with a lot of domestic medals.

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

To say he’s awful is just silly. He’s a good player for Celtic in the Premier League where they dominate the majority of teams.

He doesn’t have the quality at Champions League or International level.

He’ll never get a transfer to an ‘elite’ league but he’ll retire a millionaire with a lot of domestic medals.

He’s literally scored a hat trick at international level recently. Yes it was Israel but its team on a relative par with Scotland that we struggle against. He's also performed decently against Man City and Bayern in the champions league, dragged us forward against the Lazio last season away and has won us a good few must win games with late winners in late stage European qualifiers. He’s  got his faults but he can certainly hold his own in a team set up right at higher levels. He can be an absolute passenger at times, it’s managers that allow him to be one that annoy me more tbh.

On another note it would appear Ozzie Tam is away :(. Has barely kicked a ball for two years but I was hoping with these extra subs now he would get more starts but Lennon doesn’t appear to favour him at all and the guy cant seem to keep fit.

His goal in the Scottish Cup final to win the treble was possibly the greatest moment in my life. However If a game could sum him up it would be the 3-3 game against Man City. Looked unplayable against a top class team for the first half, didnt turn up in second half then got the hook after less than hour I think.

41 minutes ago, gannonball said:

On another note it would appear Ozzie Tam is away :(. Has barely kicked a ball for two years but I was hoping with these extra subs now he would get more starts but Lennon doesn’t appear to favour him at all and the guy cant seem to keep fit.

His goal in the Scottish Cup final to win the treble was possibly the greatest moment in my life. However If a game could sum him up it would be the 3-3 game against Man City. Looked unplayable against a top class team for the first half, didnt turn up in second half then got the hook after less than hour I think.

He is a player that has always confused me. Absolutely unplayable at times and tore us a new one on more than a few occasions, but he just couldn't seem to last a match very often and was very hit or miss.

I was convinced a year or two ago he would be the next big money sale Celtic made.