The Celtic All Seasons thread

15 hours ago, Romeo said:

Theses are all 100% genuine . A Muslim looking guy who dropped his wallet in the St Enoch centre sent them to me because I was so honest and gave him it back Polish_20201201_061315236.jpegScreenshot_20201201-061358_WhatsApp.jpegIMG-20201201-WA0000.jpegIMG-20201130-WA0002.jpeg

“...appointed first team manager until the rest of the season...”  Clearly written by the Green Brigade collective.

11 hours ago, ewan14 said:

Not very lately eg Sutton , and possibly even Walker have changed their tune

Caldwell seems to be sticking with him

The difference is Caldwell sees himself as a manager. Managers don't publicly come out and recommend sackings.

14 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I don't think so.

IMO the Celtic board won't be wanting to be seen to be bowing to fan pressure after the carry on the other night as it could be seen as setting a precedent that all the fans have to do is start throwing fences about and attacking police to get their way. Hopefully the Celtic board had fully intended on replacing Lennon but the Selik fans fucked it for themselves. 

This is nonsense,why would a few hundred fans change the minds of a Celtic board?
Celtic have a signing policy of buying players and selling them for profit in two or three season compared to a manager that has put in 20 years at Celtic,for me this is a message to the players that want to leave. 

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

This is nonsense,why would a few hundred fans change the minds of a Celtic board?
Celtic have a signing policy of buying players and selling them for profit in two or three season compared to a manager that has put in 20 years at Celtic,for me this is a message to the players that want to leave. 

That's great, but I don't see what any of it has to do with what I said. 

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

That's great, but I don't see what any of it has to do with what I said. 

The easy option is to get rid of the manager when the results are bad with player power in the modern game.
If you reverse that get rid of the players that want to leave and keep the manager. 

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The easy option is to get rid of the manager when the results are bad with player power in the modern game.
If you reverse that get rid of the players that want to leave and keep the manager. 

Have you ever considered that one of the reason players want to leave may be because Lennon is the manager?

Edited by AJF

I think the club are in damage limitation mode now. Regardless on whether Lenny get the next few weeks, or the title is won or lost, change is inevitable.

The wheels were going to come off at some point, from a fan’s perspective it’s unfortunate it’s at such a monumental season and at such a rapid rate of decline.

Lennon is a contributing factor, but he’s not the only one guilty of complacency here.
He knew the job and that he’d ultimately carry the can.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Have you ever considered that one of the reason players want to leave may be because Lennon is the manager?

Players have no loyalty they want to play at the highest level possible,Celtic have positioned themselves as a stepping stone with their signing policy to move players on after 2 or 3 seasons. 

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Players have no loyalty they want to play at the highest level possible,Celtic have positioned themselves as a stepping stone with their signing policy to move players on after 2 or 3 seasons. 

Celtic have struggled with this policy for years now.

Turnbull was the guy this year but he's not playing at all. Frimpong might become a player but he has major flaws and needs a lot of improvement. Klimala and Soro aren't good. Bayo and Shved didn't work. Celtic probably get the £4.5m back that they paid for Ntcham, but I doubt they get much more than that.

So aside from Edouard, all of your sellable assets have been at the club since at least 2016. That's a long time to keep a squad together, and Father Time is undefeated.

Edited by G51

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

But the question still remains as to why Celtic fans believe so many players have downed tools so suddenly. Regardless if players have aspirations of moving to another league, do you think there would be this level of apathy from Celtic players if Brendan Rodgers was still the manager for example?

Additionally - I think some of the biggest underperformers for Celtic this season are players least likely to expect a big move and want out the club (Brown, McGregor, Duffy, Barkas) so I'm not sure I buy into the 'Players want to move on to bigger and better things which is the main issue' argument.

Edited by AJF

17 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic have struggled with this policy for years now.

Turnbull was the guy this year but he's not playing at all. Frimpong might become a player but he has major flaws and needs a lot of improvement. Klimala and Soro aren't good. Bayo and Shved didn't work. Celtic probably get the £4.5m back that they paid for Ntcham, but I doubt they get much more than that.

So aside from Edouard, all of your saleable assets have been at the club since at least 2016. That's a long time to keep a squad together, and Father Time is undefeated.

I've got no problem with the players that don't make the grade but the ones that do, go for major dosh.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It doesn't matter who the manager is, this strategy is still in place.

Of course it does if Lennon is a major contributing factor to the level of apathy. I like how you chose one part of my response and tried to use it to fit your narrative and ignored the other points I made.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've got no problem with the players that don't make the grade but the ones that do, go for major dosh.

But you've only signed one of those players in four years now.

The warning signs are flashing that your player trading model isn't working anymore.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

The warning signs are flashing that your player trading model isn't working anymore.

Not to mention, Edouard's value must be diminishing the longer he underperforms and his contract is running down.

26 minutes ago, G51 said:

Granted the recruitment under Rodgers has set Celtic back but it doesn't mean it still isn't working.
Dembelle came and went under Rodgers we still have Ajer,Christie,Eddie and Ntcham.   

Edited by wastecoatwilly

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Granted the recruitment under Rodgers has set Celtic back but it doesn't mean it still isn't working.
Dembelle came and went under Rodgers we still have Ajer,Christie,Eddie and Ntcham.   

The contracts for all of those players run out in 18 months now. If you don't sell them in January, you'll have to accept a discount on their value in summer. If you don't sell in summer, they'll leave for nothing.

I don't think you'd even make back the money you spent on Ntcham now, which was £4.5m.

Once they all go in the next six months, who's the next player to go for big money? There isn't one.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

The contracts for all of those players run out in 18 months now. If you don't sell them in January, you'll have to accept a discount on their value in summer. If you don't sell in summer, they'll leave for nothing.

I don't think you'd even make back the money you spent on Ntcham now, which was £4.5m.

Once they all go in the next six months, who's the next player to go for big money? There isn't one.

Whether Celtic get the ten or not players will leave,McGregor mite see his future somewhere else like Tierney did.
Frimpong or Turnbull or even a player we haven't signed yet,you are asking me to look 2 years into the future FFS.
The point I was making still stands and the position the club puts themselves in still stands.