The Celtic All Seasons thread

44 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It's alright. Your star signing will be in for the Old Firm game... 😬😂😂

That tweet is so typical of AIDAN0609, whats he like. Hahahahahaha

Edited by Drew Brees

33 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Celtic signing an Athletico Madrid player !!!

Short memories ( sometimes )

Woman's signings don't count. 

There's zero chance Celtic have of singing Costa if you want to kid yourself otherwise. Go ahead. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

There not going to sack him any time soon are they?

As far as Im concerned the titles gone and Lennon should be relieved of his duties, albeit months too late. Its mental that he has embarrassed us out of Europe x2 , out of a domestic cup and lost the league before the January transfer window opens yet hes still there.

Players that want to leave should be allowed to do so (at the right price) and we should be focusing on next season by utilising the likes of Johnston who will be here next year and use loanees who we aren’t expected to sign sparingly. I would let Kennedy take the team whilst we identify a successor.   A week without Lennon should be utilised to start afresh in Dubai, as shambolic as I think it is were going away.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As far as Im concerned the titles gone and Lennon should be relieved of his duties, albeit months too late. Its mental that he has embarrassed us out of Europe x2 , out of a domestic cup and lost the league before the January transfer window opens yet hes still there.

Players that want to leave should be allowed to do so (at the right price) and we should be focusing on next season by utilising the likes of Johnston who will be here next year and use loanees who we aren’t expected to sign sparingly. I would let Kennedy take the team whilst we identify a successor.   A week without Lennon should be utilised to start afresh in Dubai, as shambolic as I think it is were going away.

This would be the sensible thing to do. Celtic need to take stock and work out who in that squad can be in the next Celtic title-winning team. Those who won’t be need to go now to extract maximum value.

It’s pretty clear that Ajer, Edouard, Christie, Ntcham won’t win another title at Celtic, so sell them. Duffy, Laxalt, Elyounoussi won’t, so cancel the loans or don’t play them. Brown won’t. Barkas won’t, at least not as a No.1. 

The players Celtic should build around are Frimpong, Soro, Turnbull, Forrest, McGregor, maybe Hazard and Johnston. Jullien too if he signs an extension. Anyone else, you’re listening to offers for to finance the massive rebuild required over the next two to three windows.

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

No it doesn’t appear that way however there was this intimation that a review would be done in January.

However the board are too stubborn and conceited and will keep Lennon until it’s mathematically done. Let’s remember they have Mowbray till March before giving him the bullet.

We have gone from winning 12 trophies on the bounce to facing the real prospect of winning nothing this season and turning in one of our worst European campaigns in our history.

Many heads need to roll not just Lennon’s.

There is absolute sense in what you are saying which also means it’s likely to not happen

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Let’s remember they have Mowbray till March before giving him the bullet.

So what you are saying is we need to pump you lot 4-0 to get them to sack Lennon? I'm up for that.. :D

36 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No it doesn’t appear that way however there was this intimation that a review would be done in January.

However the board are too stubborn and conceited and will keep Lennon until it’s mathematically done. Let’s remember they have Mowbray till March before giving him the bullet.

We have gone from winning 12 trophies on the bounce to facing the real prospect of winning nothing this season and turning in one of our worst European campaigns in our history.

Many heads need to roll not just Lennon’s.

There is absolute sense in what you are saying which also means it’s likely to not happen

No team wins absolutely everything, we've went 9 years without winning any major cups and you guys are losing it over getting put out of the league cup.  

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

No team wins absolutely everything, we've went 9 years without winning any major cups and you guys are losing it over getting put out of the league cup.  

Benny I give zero fucks to what Rangers have or haven’t won in the past 9 years, Rangers created that situation for themselves and there has been plenty of Rangers fans loosing it over how the club has been run and quite publicly.

My concern is for my club alone and the regression of this team, the way it has been coached and managed, performances in Europe and the league being out of own hands in January is something I haven’t seen since the 90’s.

To squander such a dominant position considering we have every advantage is and should be a concern to Celtic fans. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I would also pap Kennedy out the door with Lennon, but I get where you’re coming from.

15 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Benny I give zero fucks to what Rangers have or haven’t won in the past 9 years, Rangers created that situation for themselves and there has been plenty of Rangers fans loosing it over how the club has been run and quite publicly.

My concern is for my club alone and the regression of this team, the way it has been coached and managed, performances in Europe and the league being out of own hands in January is something I haven’t seen since the 90’s.

To squander such a dominant position considering we have every advantage is and should be a concern to Celtic fans. 

That'll be a first...

9 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I would also pap Kennedy out the door with Lennon, but I get where you’re coming from.

Our coaching staff is already low as it is tbh. Kennedy and Gavin Strachan seem to be getting it tight from fans but its hard to speculate who’s at fault other than the manager. I would let whoever’s next in decide who they want as coaching staff. A bit further back but Lawwell picking Deilas assistant was an absolute joke. Undermines the guy right from the off but I suppose that’s exactly what Lawwell wants and why others have turned the job when they may have taken it otherwise. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

and being rubbish in the league , and Europe !!!!

Not really claiming to be Nostradamus here but at the time Lennon was appointed interim manager back in 2019 I said it'd be hard not to give him the gig on a full time basis if he completed the treble that season - which in my opinion always the most likely outcome.

Short term pandering to the more "emotional" element within their support reaching it's logical conclusion.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I get everything you said but football isn't predictable or absolute, having a bad season in Europe happens,losing our first cup game in 36 cup ties happens.
You talk about advantages as certainties when nothing is guaranteed,our manager has just won a treble and you want him sacked.
We have just went through the best period in our history as a club and you can't enjoy it, FFS man give yourself a break.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
We have just went through the best period in our history as a club and you can't enjoy it, FFS man give yourself a break.

Surely you can see that while enjoying everything that Celtic have won recently, you can also be ( very ) critical of the way THIS season has gone ? 

27 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I get everything you said but football isn't predictable or absolute, having a bad season in Europe happens,losing our first cup game in 36 cup ties happens.
You talk about advantages as certainties when nothing is guaranteed,our manager has just won a treble and you want him sacked.

" the best period in our history "

ROFL

Most deluded Celtic poster

Edited by ewan14