The Celtic All Seasons thread

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye folk haven't been able to go to games for almost a year now, people are still losing their jobs over this, and lower leagues clubs are still struggling to survive and will likely die if the leagues shut down again.

Its all irrelevant though, as in the midst of a growing amount of cases, and a new highly infectious strain appearing, Celtic have decided to travel to the other side of Europe to get pished for a week, halfway through the season.

Its genuinely staggering its been allowed.

But that’s the point. It has been allowed. It might be totally shite (which it is) but as far as I know it’s not illegal is it? 

Hopefully it’s Lennon’s goodbye drinks.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

For me, this is why yesterday was such a massive win for us. It gave us that buffer we needed where we can afford to lose a game against someone other than Celtic, especially with a few tricky ties coming up.

I’d agree it was a very important buffer. Aberdeen and Hibs both away will be extremely tricky games, maybe even a “resurgent” Motherwell. I just wouldn’t write Celtic off yet. Did Rangers not blow a 15 point lead 10 years ago? With two Old Firm games still to play and that poor offensive display yesterday i think there’s a few twists and turns to come 

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Call me crazy but I still think Celtic will win the league. Rangers have been playing poorly and are due to drop points especially with them playing Aberdeen next. 

Which games have Rangers been playing poorly in? 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d agree it was a very important buffer. Aberdeen and Hibs both away will be extremely tricky games, maybe even a “resurgent” Motherwell. I just wouldn’t write Celtic off yet. Did Rangers not blow a 15 point lead 10 years ago? With two Old Firm games still to play and that poor offensive display yesterday i think there’s a few twists and turns to come 

okay you're definitely taking the piss now

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Which games have Rangers been playing poorly in? 

Aside from the St Mirren cup defeat I also think they were poor in the league game last week. Poor against Motherwell, Hibs, Dundee United 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

okay you're definitely taking the piss now

Maybe I was being a bit tongue in cheek there but there’s always that “new manager effect” 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

What was the scores in these games? 

Wins but teams can’t continue to play poorly and get results, there’s always a turning point from performances like that and I think dropping points to Aberdeen next week would be the turning point and Rangers would fall away like they always do 

7 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

But that’s the point. It has been allowed. It might be totally shite (which it is) but as far as I know it’s not illegal is it? 

I think it is probably allowed under the rules, but it's incredibly tone deaf and entirely in keeping with the complete arrogance that seeps out of every pore of that club. There's also the very obvious issue that if there ends up being an outbreak in the squad, they will have to forfeit any fixtures that are missed based on the SPFL ruling on us and St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

They're getting snapped here, there and everywhere. Is there an undercover mole?

There's a Rangers supporters club out there. There was a video doing the rounds on Twitter so I wouldn't be surprised if they're following them about - which is equally fucking mental. 

Edit :

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wins but teams can’t continue to play poorly and get results, there’s always a turning point from performances like that and I think dropping points to Aberdeen next week would be the turning point and Rangers would fall away like they always do 

So they're playing poorly and yet picking up 12/12 points. Scoring about 10 and conceding 2(?). 

When did this group of players last "fall away"? 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

So they're playing poorly and yet picking up 12/12 points. Scoring about 10 and conceding 2(?). 

When did this group of players last "fall away"? 

Last season after the winter break. Big win v Celtic at Parkhead. Fans and players/management buoyant and then the slide began out of nowhere. This time there has been warning signs (poor performances). Mark my words the title race is far from over 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Big win v Celtic at Parkhead. Fans and players/management buoyant and then the slide began out of nowhere. This time there has been warning signs (poor performances). Mark my words the title race is far from over 

What was the point turnaround and level of "falling away" last season, out of interest? 

I can't see Celtic turning around a 19 point deficit - even with Rangers having Europe to contend with as well. They look exceptionally poor. Their form has "turned around" against the three bottom teams in the league. First challenge they had, they played a very decent 45 minutes and then lost the game on the back of one substitution. There's absolutely no chance Celtic win every game from now to end of season - and that's what it will take for them to win the league, IMO. 

27 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I know it’s not illegal is it? 

Great logic.

If the league gets shut down because Celtic bring the virus back, and clubs die off the back of it, I'm sure they'll all shrug it off because it "wasn't illegal" for Celtic to act like fucking morons.

Celtic are an embarrassing shambles off the field, and there's a great irony in watching the same group of fans proclaiming Rangers fans should "do something about your shite ownership", when it was obvious we'll over a year ago your lot had just signed their own death warrant.

Edited by RandomGuy.

26 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

It’s not but to take the risk when we have already been impacted by COVID due to players going abroad is mental not to mention the fact cases are also rising fast in the UAE.

Wouldn’t we have been better served trying to re-arrange one of our games in hand? 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Last season after the winter break. Big win v Celtic at Parkhead. Fans and players/management buoyant and then the slide began out of nowhere. This time there has been warning signs (poor performances). Mark my words the title race is far from over 

I fully believe this Rangers team is in the proper mindset right now, and after last season are not getting ahead of themselves until the title is won. Celtic meanwhile... their mentality isn't looking as strong imo.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Great logic.

If the league gets shut down because Celtic bring the virus back, and clubs die off the back of it, I'm sure they'll all shrug it off because it "wasn't illegal" for Celtic to act like fucking morons.

Celtic are an embarrassing shambles off the field, and there's a great irony in watching the same group of fans proclaiming Rangers fans should "do something about your shite ownership", when it was obvious we'll over a year ago your lot had just signed their own death warrant.

Jesus. Are you always so dramatic? 
Your clubs kit man could kill your club through dropping his weans at school ffs.

Also, comparing our one shite season (after four very successful ones) to Rangers’ years of shambles is just plain silly.