The Celtic All Seasons thread

This Return to Playing Protocol outlines uniform operating procedures to assist clubs in preparing the match day environment. This document has been produced in conjunction with a range of match day stakeholders including Club Safety Officers, Club Administrators, Players, Coaches, Match Officials, Police Scotland and members of the media. PFA Scotland have been consulted with throughout the process and are part of the Medical sub group.
This document must be considered in conjunction with Scottish Government, Sportscotland, Health and Safety Executive and other relevant advice

We have revised and re-issued a Return to Matches Protocol for Premiership clubs and another document for all other SPFL clubs as part of our ongoing feedback and dialogue process with clubs. 

Again, not sure how this Match day protocol applies to Celtic players sitting round a table in the UAE. 

45 minutes ago, bennett said:

Being jealous diznae count zippy.

"We agreed this with the JRG in November and didn't think we'd need to check again as cases soared in Glasgow, Scotland, and indeed all over Britain."

I booked a weekend away in January last year for late March, funnily enough I didn't have the brass neck to turn up at the airport demanding I was allowed to travel because I had been given the go ahead two months ago. :lol:

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

"We agreed this with the JRG in November and didn't think we'd need to check again as cases soared in Glasgow, Scotland, and indeed all over Britain."

I booked a weekend away in January last year for late March, funnily enough I didn't have the brass neck to turn up at the airport demanding I was allowed to travel because I had been given the go ahead two months ago. :lol:

The sfa said yesterday that Celtic had been in contact with the government about it as recently as the weekend just before they left, what Celtic should’ve done was get in contact with the travel agents to cancel this shit show.  

18 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It is spectacularly tone deaf. Almost as if they think by magic repeating this Dubai trip will salvage their title hopes. So much so that they are shoehorning it in when there's no winter break at the expense of other clubs and willing to accept an absolute PR disaster with their own support, the government and Scottish society as a whole.

I'm sure it'll be worth it.

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It is spectacularly tone deaf. Almost as if they think by magic repeating this Dubai trip will salvage their title hopes. So much so that they are shoehorning it in when there's no winter break at the expense of other clubs and willing to accept an absolute PR disaster with their own support, the government and Scottish society as a whole.

I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Every Celtic fan knew weeks ago they where going to Dubai.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

See we are linked with Declan Gallagher today. For me he is a no brainer as doubt he would command much money and we will be short with Julien out long term. Also who knows what will happen with Duffy and Ajer in this window. 

Duffy’s been linked with forest but has left Dubai on family reasons apparently. Ajer has to stay. 

Edited by Drew Brees

21 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Celtic jetting off to Dubai just as the pandemic is taking another turn for the worse is in defiance of the Scottish Government's guidance: 

While Celtic would no doubt claim that they are away working, it's also clearly a working holiday in that they flew to a resort in a sunny part of the world to train, and are lying by the poolside etc.  I can't see how they can possibly argue that it is essential that they are in Dubai rather than Scotland to do so.  Maybe one of Scotland's fine journalists will get an explanation out of them.

It'd be a wee shame if the UAE was added to the quarantine list sometime this week. I wonder if they would forfeit their matches/points while they self-isolated if this happened, as it will have been their own fault that they can't field a team?

Get it done!

42 minutes ago, gannonball said:

See we are linked with Declan Gallagher today. For me he is a no brainer as doubt he would command much money and we will be short with Julien out long term. Also who knows what will happen with Duffy and Ajer in this window. 

Peter can always send him oot with his baseball bat to sort out the shark attacks.

50 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We look forward to your bid of £25,000 for a Scotland International when if rumours are to be believed you paid £2m for Duffy for one season. Of course I am exaggerating it will probably be closer to £50,000.

I mean if he was a Greek Internationalist we could expect multiple millions. The next week will be fun watching this story unfold.