The Celtic All Seasons thread

54 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Whether he is in the dugout or not using the fans as a weapon is a weak debate,the fans haven't seen their team in over a year in the flesh.
Recruitment is cost based what you can and can't do,Sinclair left because Rodgers ran up the wage bill Lennon didn't have that luxury.
De Vires was Rodgers number one,Forster was Lennon's number one Gordon was always leaving.  
Celtic managers don't get sacked for European performances why would I use it as a negative like you do.

Fans putting their hands in pockets to fork out for season tickets many cant afford currently to be delivered this fucking dross? Do you think those still struggling will be willing to renew with a promise of another season of Lennyball? 😂 Not sure what relevance fans not seeing their team in flesh has either, are you even making a point with that or is it just you stating the obvious?

Rodgers may have run up the wage bill but it also drove up turnover to record breaking levels i just find it interesting instead of having a high wage, high turnover and high performing football team someone who claims to be a fan is happier with a not quite as high wage, low turnover and low performing football team. 

De Vries being Rodgers number 1🤣 He was dropped after a month for Gordon and never kicked a ball again in our invincible season so in what way was he number 1? It became clear very very quickly who the number 1 was - good coaches tend to spot these things.

And why use it as a negative? Because it is a negative, our European performances were abysmal and embarrassing however the bigger negative is that those performances weren't exclusive to European football and Lurgan Flop has done a masterful job of replicating those abysmal and embarrassing results domestically too.

Ultimately we have gone round and round in circles since August with me telling you that this season will be an unmitigated disaster if Lennon is left in charge while you wished for him to stay despite staring at the obvious which leads me to only one conclusion is that i genuinely can no longer believe you to be a Celtic fan or at least not one who puts their hand in their pocket to any significant extent

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Fans putting their hands in pockets to fork out for season tickets many cant afford currently to be delivered this fucking dross? Do you think those still struggling will be willing to renew with a promise of another season of Lennyball? 😂 Not sure what relevance fans not seeing their team in flesh has either, are you even making a point with that or is it just you stating the obvious?

Rodgers may have run up the wage bill but it also drove up turnover to record breaking levels i just find it interesting instead of having a high wage, high turnover and high performing football team someone who claims to be a fan is happier with a not quite as high wage, low turnover and low performing football team. 

De Vries being Rodgers number 1🤣 He was dropped after a month for Gordon and never kicked a ball again in our invincible season so in what way was he number 1? It became clear very very quickly who the number 1 was - good coaches tend to spot these things.

And why use it as a negative? Because it is a negative, our European performances were abysmal and embarrassing however the bigger negative is that those performances weren't exclusive to European football and Lurgan Flop has done a masterful job of replicating those abysmal and embarrassing results domestically too.

Ultimately we have gone round and round in circles since August with me telling you that this season will be an unmitigated disaster if Lennon is left in charge while you wished for him to stay in charge while staring at the obvious which leads me to only one conclusion is that i genuinely can no longer believe you to be a Celtic fan at least not one who put their hand in their pocket to any significant extent

There is nothing better than going to the games and when the season ticket renewals come fans will want to go back I've no doubts about that,supporting Celtic has nothing to do with the dosh we spend on the club. 
Celtic lose games every season in Europe and domestically bar one saying it's embarrassing and abysmal that must be how you feel every season you support Celtic.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Whether he is in the dugout or not using the fans as a weapon is a weak debate,the fans haven't seen their team in over a year in the flesh.
Recruitment is cost based what you can and can't do,Sinclair left because Rodgers ran up the wage bill Lennon didn't have that luxury.
De Vires was Rodgers number one,Forster was Lennon's number one Gordon was always leaving.  
Celtic managers don't get sacked for European performances why would I use it as a negative like you do.

Not one to really care much about the argument, but saying rodgers ran up the wage bill after lennon has spent the better part of 32million quid on the first team squad is some amount of deflecting away from lennons continual f**k ups 

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is nothing better than going to the games and when the season ticket renewals come fans will want to go back I've no doubts about that,supporting Celtic has nothing to do with the dosh we spend on the club. 
Celtic lose games every season in Europe and domestically bar one saying it's embarrassing and abysmal that must be how you feel every season you support Celtic.

Are you blind to what is happening in the world just now just as you are to what is happening at Celtic?

Season ticket renewal packs will drop in a month maybe less going by previous seasons but many fans have been made redundant, are on furlough and struggling to make ends meet and keep a roof over their heads. Do you think they will hand over £600 as willingly if they believe Lennon is to be in charge and with no guarantee they will even get in the stadium? Dont delude yourself. 

And without fans spending dosh Willy how can the club sustain itself? The answer to that is it doesn't. 

This is beyond a yolk now...

1 minute ago, bennett said:

This is beyond a yolk now...

did Christie put his windows in with one of his shots?

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Are you blind to what is happening in the world just now just as you are to what is happening at Celtic?

Season ticket renewal packs will drop in a month maybe less going by previous seasons but many fans have been made redundant, are on furlough and struggling to make ends meet and keep a roof over their heads. Do you think they will hand over £600 as willingly if they believe Lennon is to be in charge and with no guarantee they will even get in the stadium? Dont delude yourself. 

And without fans spending dosh Willy how can the club sustain itself? The answer to that is it doesn't. 

Celtic have a core support of about 30K I agree it could drop to about 40K,we will see and time will tell you are the one deluded if you think it won't sustain it's self,fans provide 40% of the income.

34 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic have a core support of about 30K I agree it could drop to about 40K,we will see and time will tell you are the one deluded if you think it won't sustain it's self,fans provide 40% of the income.

Core support of 30k dropping to 40k? Got those numbers backwards? 😂

Unsure where you pull the 40% figure from considering Celtic take in about 45 million from season tickets and merchandising alone but even at that 40% of income coming from a single source is massive. 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Core support of 30k dropping to 40k? Got those numbers backwards? 😂

Unsure where you pull the 40% figure however season ticket sales are around £30 million and merchandising is around £17 million which will be more this year with the Adidas gear. 

That’s significantly more than 40%. Fans are the primary source of income at Celtic and if that dwindles it has and will have a big impact considering there is very little cash left in the bank 

I didn't get the figures backward we have 52k season ticket holders,the 30k core support go for social reasons it's part of their every day life like me they will be missing it and can't wait to get back to it.
Regardless if Lennon stays or goes the 30K will remain that's not even up for debate,most clubs run on a even keel having money in the bank is a bonus. 

41 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I didn't get the figures backward we have 52k season ticket holders,the 30k core support go for social reasons it's part of their every day life like me they will be missing it and can't wait to get back to it.
Regardless if Lennon stays or goes the 30K will remain that's not even up for debate,most clubs run on a even keel having money in the bank is a bonus. 

If 30k remain thats 18mill in ST sales, last year celtic expenses were 80mill, so how is the club going to make up 62mill? 

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

If 30k remain thats 18mill in ST sales, last year celtic expenses were 80mill, so how is the club going to make up 62mill? 

The main three pillars of Celtic income comes from match day income,profit on player sales and UEFA prize money.
Fans think this season was the most important season but next season is the important one with the team that wins the league will go straight into the champions league group stages.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The main three pillars of Celtic income comes from match day income,profit on player sales and UEFA prize money.
Fans think this season was the most important season but next season is the important one with the team that wins the league will go straight into the champions league group stages.

If you were given the choice at the start of the season:

A) win the league this season and clinch 10 in a row, or

B) lose the league this season, losing out on 10 in a row but win the league the following season and get an automatic champions league spot

Are you trying to tell me you’d place more importance on option B and choose that? 

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You still havent explained how celtic will make up the 62mill required if they only sell 30k season books?

36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Are you saying Celtic actively go into a yearly cycle saying "it's OK, we will make X amount of profit on *player*" 

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

If you were given the choice at the start of the season:

A) win the league this season and clinch 10 in a row, or

B) lose the league this season, losing out on 10 in a row but win the league the following season and get an automatic champions league spot

Are you trying to tell me you’d place more importance on option B and choose that? 

I've said before winning the ten would've been great and historic but equaling the 9 and witnessing it plus the invincible season and the quad treble was the icing on the cake we just didn't get the cherry on top.  

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've said before winning the ten would've been great and historic but equaling the 9 and witnessing it plus the invincible season and the quad treble was the icing on the cake we just didn't get the cherry on top.  

I get that, but I was asking if you believed winning the league next season is more important than this season? 

27 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

You still havent explained how celtic will make up the 62mill required if they only sell 30k season books?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Are you saying Celtic actively go into a yearly cycle saying "it's OK, we will make X amount of profit on *player*" 

I'm not going to stipulate every revenue stream Celtic have available to them these are the 3 main ones.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtics 3 main income streams are from season tickets/match day revenue or what Celtic call football operations (about 40-45 mil), merchandising(17-20 mil) and commercial/multimedia I.e TV and European prize money (18-25mil) based on previous years figures, this is what we bank on year in and out 

Celtic don’t go into any season planning to make money from player sales as a main income stream as for a start it isn’t guaranteed nor can it be projected

Edited by Jinky67