The Celtic All Seasons thread

29 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s not really true either there are plenty of decisions that don’t go our way look at the elbow on Welsh at the weekend for one, the Halliday tackle on McGregor being another. I could rhyme many off from over the years.

That doesn’t mean we don’t get away with some also but to suggest it only happens in kids games is nonsense mate

But the fundamental problem is the standard of refereeing is shocking the Ojo one from the weekend is embarrassing 

The problem with football fans, is that you only remember the ones that go against you and not the ones that go in your favour. That is particularly true of the two teams in Scotland that, for every bad decision that go against them, three or four go in their favour. But I know you won’t agree because you’ve obliterated every one in your favour from your memory bank.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The problem with football fans, is that you only remember the ones that go against you and not the ones that go in your favour. That is particularly true of the two teams in Scotland that, for every bad decision that go against them, three or four go in their favour. But I know you won’t agree because you’ve obliterated every one in your favour from your memory bank.

Didn’t i just acknowledge in the very post you quoted that we get away with some too?

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just trying to point out that it’s a lot more then “some”.

Is it aye? I assume you can then also point me in the direction of where I can find the statistical analysis that verifies that is more than just “some”? 

Or is it just your opinion and not really rooted in fact at all?

Edited by Jinky67

26 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Is it aye? I assume you can then also point me in the direction of where I can find the statistical analysis that verifies that is more than just “some”? 

Or is it just your opinion and not really rooted in fact at all?

My opinion is based on facts going back over almost 60 years of attending football matches.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

My opinion is based on facts going back over almost 60 years of attending football matches.

Facts that aren’t recorded anywhere or have they been observed by you since you haven’t attended the majority of Celtic matches going back over those 60 years 🤨

So we can file this one under P for Pish then

You have proven yourself to be quite useful. 

Facts that aren’t recorded anywhere or have they been observed by you since you haven’t attended the majority of Celtic matches going back over those 60 years [emoji2955]

Not only should you acknowledge his opinions as facts but you should apologise on behalf of the referee association and celtic football club.

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Facts that aren’t recorded anywhere or have they been observed by you since you haven’t attended the majority of Celtic matches going back over those 60 years 🤨

Ok, from now on I will record on a piece of paper every time a decision goes against Celtic, and in a notebook every time a decision goes in your favour. 

15 hours ago, bennett said:

After watching a terrified Nick Walsh on Saturday,  it's refreshing to a see referee being brave enough to give a decision against the invincibles B team.

A stonewall penalty. 

A Rangers fan complaining about Referee decisions. Like Jeff Bezoz complaining he’s not making enough money.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, from now on I will record on a piece of paper every time a decision goes against Celtic, and in a notebook every time a decision goes in your favour. 

From the mere 15 matches we played against Celtic in our last spell in the top flight, I can recall clearly:

• Scott McDonald scoring the winner in a 1-0 game from a header that was about three light years offside.
  • Stephen McManus shattering Dean Holden's leg in a brutal "tackle". No card, not even a foul awarded.
  • Stephen McManus (again!!) plain and simply punching the ball into the net. Goal awarded.

Going back a bit, Crawford Baptie outjumped Pat Bonner to score from a header. Goal disallowed for, errr, outjmping Pat Bonner.

And the piece de resistance, in the soul-crushing 4-5 defeat at Brockville, after Mick McCarthy got sent off for decking the aforementioned Crawford Baptie with a right hook, the referee proceeding to veer so violently towards a Celtic mindset that Forbes Johnston (RIP) got sent off for apparently being in the same postcode as a Celtic player. Peter Grant had been booked, and after committing about three further bookable offences, the ref then went over and advised their dugout that they should substitute him as he might at some point get a second!!

One wee club v Celtic, just in relatively recent years, and I'm sure many other clubs have similar stories. If you can counter these arguments with similar decisions that went our way against you, please wire in, Celtic fans. Otherwise just accept you and your blue pals get the "rub of the green" far, far more often than is likely, or fair.

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Can’t believe a daft wee video laughing at a poor referee decision has turned into this

Honestly, some people need to learn how to relax and not take things so seriously.

That post is taking irony to a completely new level.

33 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I think theres an argument for resting some Cdeltic players tonight, the league is more important and we have a busy schedule coming up.

Should we rest players and if so who and when

Nah I don’t think Ange will 

I think he will go full strength, he mentioned this game being a bit of measuring stick to see where we are right now in quality 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

From the mere 15 matches we played against Celtic in our last spell in the top flight, I can recall clearly:

• Scott McDonald scoring the winner in a 1-0 game from a header that was about three light years offside.
  • Stephen McManus shattering Dean Holden's leg in a brutal "tackle". No card, not even a foul awarded.
  • Stephen McManus (again!!) plain and simply punching the ball into the net. Goal awarded.

Going back a bit, Crawford Baptie outjumped Pat Bonner to score from a header. Goal disallowed for, errr, outjmping Pat Bonner.

And the piece de resistance, in the soul-crushing 4-5 defeat at Brockville, after Mick McCarthy got sent off for decking the aforementioned Crawford Baptie with a right hook, the referee proceeding to veer so violently towards a Celtic mindset that Forbes Johnston (RIP) got sent off for apparently being in the same postcode as a Celtic player. Peter Grant had been booked, and after committing about three further bookable offences, the ref then went over and advised their dugout that they should substitute him as he might at some point get a second!!

One wee club v Celtic, just in relatively recent years, and I'm sure many other clubs have similar stories. If you can counter these arguments with similar decisions that went our way against you, please wire in, Celtic fans. Otherwise just accept you and your blue pals get the "rub of the green" far, far more often than is likely, or fair.

Nothing from the 50’s??

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Not really 

I just don’t come on here or social media to use it as a platform to constantly get into arguments about every little thing

Life is too short and all that 

I take it that you have hacked into Clown Job’s account. 

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

“There was this one time, at band camp”