The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, BigDoddyKane said:

We are not a physically strong or tall team. Yesterday showed that and europe this season also did.  We will need a few 1st team starters bought in summer and they will all need to be filling that gap for us. We cant buy anymore lightweight players. 

I said in the match thread yesterday I dont think Hatate and Rogic can really start in games like this unless injuries dictate so. The combination of Hatate constantly trying speculative killer balls and Rogic not really up to the graft means Mcgregor is left with far too much work do.

38 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

We are not a physically strong or tall team. Yesterday showed that and europe this season also did.  We will need a few 1st team starters bought in summer and they will all need to be filling that gap for us. We cant buy anymore lightweight players. 

In Europe it's not a physically game, yesterday's game was because Madden allowed Celtic players to be kicked and bullied.
Referees in Europe are better at protecting players,the physically nature of our domestic game needs to catch up.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

In Europe it's not a physically game, yesterday's game was because Madden allowed Celtic players to be kicked and bullied.
Referees in Europe are better at protecting players,the physically nature of our domestic game needs to catch up.

I think in europe it is, the teams we play generally were taller and more physical than us this season in europe. Bodo Glimt team were a good example of that. They are winning the ball more and the aerial challenges

Edited by BigDoddyKane

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the thoughts on the loan deals for Jota, CCV and Maeda ? Or all 3 options to buy likely to be taken up ?

I thought we bought Maeda. Jota and CCV I think we will be getting those permanent. all going well 

Jota hasnt been great since he came back from injury but before that he was brilliant, well worth keeping for sure

Edited by BigDoddyKane

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Its funny you should say this about Madden as he’s been refereeing in the greek league recently.

12 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I thought we bought Maeda. Jota and CCV I think we will be getting those permanent. all going well 

Jota hasnt been great since he came back from injury but before that he was brilliant, well worth keeping for sure

I thought Maeda was an initial loan with an option to buy ? I could be wrong though.

Aye, I thought the board would ensure permanent deals for the other two. Gives you continuity for next season.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought Maeda was an initial loan with an option to buy ? I could be wrong though.

Aye, I thought the board would ensure permanent deals for the other two. Gives you continuity for next season.

Yeah think its a loan with an obligation to buy iirc. Would be delighted if we manage to get all 3

On 06/04/2022 at 09:10, Bairnardo said:
On 06/04/2022 at 09:08, gannonball said:
Nothing really against Taylor but he does need better competition and that would allow Scales to go on loan if we do sign another left back. 
I would fancy another cb with Julien alarmingly nowhere near the team. 
I assume Ideguchi is meant to be the new defensive midfielder, hopefully we see a bit more of him before the end of the season before deciding what our next step is with him.
We still have a bit to punt too - Barkas,Boli, Ajeti and Soro would free up a fair whack of wages. Assuming we get more in I would like to see the likes of Johnston, Welsh get more games under there belt elsewhere like I said with Scales. I assume Karamoko is for the off permanently but I’m not that arsed tbh. 

Are you still thinking theres a route for Mikey Johnston? Good feet, but far to lightweight to ever make it at a high level would be my ill informed assessment.

Needs to go abroad

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think the biggest risk to not getting Jota or CCV will be English Premier League or Championship clubs offering massive wages. I think you’ll get Maeda without any issues.

A big part of Celtic's success this season has been the signings hitting the ground running, we needed at least 5 or 6 getting it quickly.
Would be disappointed if we didn't get CCV not to bothered about Jota,Ange success in the market will continue with or without players that want to be here.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

A big part of Celtic's success this season has been the signings hitting the ground running, we needed at least 5 or 6 getting it quickly.
Would be disappointed if we didn't get CCV not to bothered about Jota,Ange success in the market will continue with or without players that want to be here.

Agree re. CCV as I think your defensive stability this season has been a massive apart of your improvement. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agree re. CCV as I think your defensive stability this season has been a massive apart of your improvement. 

The question should be can we find a left-sided CCV so Starfelt can play on the right of centre, Harte,Juranovic and Starfelt are a solid base.
Ange has raised the level but not in every position, will be exciting to see where we will be in a years time.
Ange's Celtic will be a pleasure to watch with hopefully a few scalps in Europe.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The question should be can we find a left-sided CCV so Starfelt can play on the right of centre, Harte,Juranovic and Starfelt are a solid base.
Ange has raised the level but not in every position, will be exciting to see where we will be in a years time.
Ange's Celtic will be a pressure to watch with hopefully a few scalps in Europe.

Appreciate Taylor and Scales are pish but Harte is now 44 and hasn’t played professionally for 7 years now.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Appreciate Taylor and Scales are pish but Harte is now 44 and hasn’t played professionally for 7 years now.

Taylor was my MOTM at Ibrox so not pish but Ange will be looking for better in that position if Scales can't step up, getting rid of Boli will be the first step,Accepting the typo we could get another 2 years out of Harte but we will need a replacement.
The Jota,Laxalt,Elyounoussi position seems to be a constant loan.

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

CCV is a must we have to do what we can to sign him, Jota I’d also be looking to sign despite him being a little off the boil in the past weeks.

The fact we finished the game with Ralston at left back and Welsh at right back shows where the obvious frailties are we need to address those positions immediately

8 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I think in europe it is, the teams we play generally were taller and more physical than us this season in europe. Bodo Glimt team were a good example of that. They are winning the ball more and the aerial challenges

Bodo were a really good footballing team played themselves out of trouble on a number of occasions don't know what game you were watching?
With the introduction of VAR contact in the game is more and more scrutinized.