The Celtic All Seasons thread

16 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Remember when @Jinky67 said Big Ange wouldn't leave for Spurs?

django GIF

And has he left? There will be no Ange in the dugout come Saturday to help guarantee you European group stage football? 

Edited by Jinky67

Big Ange off to Spurs 😂,hire an interim manager . They’ll sack him before Christmas.

My missis is out of work and would easy do the treble next season,all,she’d need is £30m 👍

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree with you - I think he will go. You seem to have totally accepted it and are already moving on.

You’ve mentioned Knutsen a few times. Do you think he’ll keep you on the same road or do you think he’ll have different ideas ?

I think he’d be a good appointment for you, if Postecoglu leaves of course, as he plays good football. I also think he’d improve your European record.

As has been pointed out, I’m not a Celtic fan, just posting my tuppence worth as an outside observer.

My opinion on Knutsen is what I would want IF I was a Celtic fan. 
Similar style, a pressing, attack minded 4-3-3.  
Think he’d do well.

I’d be shocked if Postecoglou doesn’t go IF offered it. 
What might stop it is if the Spurs board see a negative response from their fans, given their disdain for Scottish football. 

They might demand a more “glamorous” name. 
Luis Enrique for example. 

FWIW, I think it’s a bad time for anyone to go there. 
Kane is leaving & their squad is poor.  
Whoever goes there will be lucky to see out the season. 

7 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

It was the equivalent of a primary school child saying "who do you have in the next round" when someone laughs at their Champions League exit.

Except for the small fact he hasn’t actually left yet. Feel free to come back if and when that is announced though instead of arriving a little prematurely. 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

As has been pointed out, I’m not a Celtic fan, just posting my tuppence worth as an outside observer.

My opinion on Knutsen is what I would want IF I was a Celtic fan. 
Similar style, a pressing, attack minded 4-3-3.  
Think he’d do well.

I’d be shocked if Postecoglou doesn’t go IF offered it. 
What might stop it is if the Spurs board see a negative response from their fans, given their disdain for Scottish football. 

They might demand a more “glamorous” name. 
Luis Enrique for example. 

FWIW, I think it’s a bad time for anyone to go there. 
Kane is leaving & their squad is poor.  
Whoever goes there will be lucky to see out the season. 

Well Arne Slot has told them to bolt based on them not having European Football maybe Ange is cut from a similar cloth? Slot is also paid a similar salary to Ange and with Enrique now being available and angling for a preferred move to the EPL he will be what the fans demand

If he has to go to the EPL I’d rather it wasn’t Spurs, they are a basket case whose growth is stunted by the nutter in charge. I’d wish him well but fear for him also

Edited by Jinky67

51 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Why exactly would Spurs be keen to recruit Postecoglou ?  No harm to the guy, but you don't need to be an English snob to recognise that he's shooting fish in a barrel in Scotland, with his only realistic rival lying comatose in the corner.

If I was Daniel Levy I'd be considering the case of the last guy who left Glasgow for the English Premiership; whatever happened to Steven Gerrard anyway ?

They're keen because he's highly rated in the football world, is a good leader, plays attractive football and has proven himself successful in a number of different jobs.

Ordinarily I would say moving from  a job in the Scottish Prem to any English Prem top half job was a good move but can't help thinking Spurs might be the exception.  

Such a basket case club. He would be on a hiding to nothing.

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Celtic in turmoil.  Ange desperate for the door. Star striker injured.

Cracked badge on the Daily Record back page on Monday after we pump them IMO.

Slip us a cheeky wee £14Million for Jay Henderson when you do!

11 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

They're keen because he's highly rated in the football world, is a good leader, plays attractive football and has proven himself successful in a number of different jobs.

All of which wasn't enough to have him as first choice for the Celtic job.  Spurs would be a massive step up and maybe he would rise to the job, but I still think Premiership clubs will nowadays be wary of managers from the Old Firm.

17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

It was a more a general point but I remember you dishing out strikes when we lost to Hearts and having a wee chuckle 😉

I mean, I can entirely believe I laughed at you losing your first game of the season after the car crash of the season before, but I can’t really remember. 

I do remember that my only real comment on his appointment was that I had no idea how good he was and I’d be surprised if many, if any, on the forum did. 

Celtic fans painting a general picture of “you all laughed but now we are vindicated” is an odd one given a large portion of their own fan base voiced their concerns regarding the appointment following the Howe fiasco.