The Celtic All Seasons thread

40 minutes ago, stressball said:

I think he means it’s a relatively large fee for a player his age. 

Maybe but he's coming off his best year and is proven in that league.

If Arsenal sell a right back then it might happen but there's probably more legs in the Man Utd rumour.

5 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Maybe but he's coming off his best year and is proven in that league.

If Arsenal sell a right back then it might happen but there's probably more legs in the Man Utd rumour.

He will get a big move somewhere, there were talks of Bayern earlier in the season and Barcelona. Not sure either of those would offer as high a fee as Arsenal or Man U but we will get a decent kickback regardless

Feel a bit dirty even asking this but its for a mate... 

A friend's daughter is studying in Glasgow later half of this year. The two of them are sports mad and would like to go to a Celtic (or Rangers, tbf) game. 

Do any of you know what hoops (pun fully intended) you'd have to jump through to get tickets for the away end for the champions league games? 

And are standard league games just public sale these days or do you need to go via the visiting club? 

1 minute ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Feel a bit dirty even asking this but its for a mate... 

A friend's daughter is studying in Glasgow later half of this year. The two of them are sports mad and would like to go to a Celtic (or Rangers, tbf) game. 

Do any of you know what hoops (pun fully intended) you'd have to jump through to get tickets for the away end for the champions league games? 

And are standard league games just public sale these days or do you need to go via the visiting club? 

You’d need to order through whatever club we are playing, probably need to have had an account with other games on its history and most likely a season ticket with a cup package.

Long and short of it, unless you know someone, it’s not happening.

2 minutes ago, stressball said:

You’d need to order through whatever club we are playing, probably need to have had an account with other games on its history and most likely a season ticket with a cup package.

Long and short of it, unless you know someone, it’s not happening.

I'd assumed as much, otherwise half the tix would be bought by celtic fans but worth asking. 

What about league games? 

1 minute ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

I'd assumed as much, otherwise half the tix would be bought by celtic fans but worth asking. 

What about league games? 

You need too be quick. Club doesn't advertise a tickets onsale system so you don't know when tickets go on sale. But usually drop them during a week day afternoon and they generally go very quickly these days. I don't have a season ticket. But generally check twice daily for any game I can hopefully attend.

Celtic don't have a ticket exchange system either sadly. But supporters buses usually have tickets available at the bus park. 

On 06/07/2023 at 17:55, gannonball said:

In certain games yes but once he's got the ball he struggles to beat a man and/or play a final ball even he has time. His relentless pressing means he has more chances to do this however. I think he looked more at home playing more central for Japan in the Box where he played more instinctively with lack of space and time, like Paul Dickov on speed basically. As it stands however Kyogo is king there and the wingers spots are very much of up for grabs so he will play wide more often than not.

On 06/07/2023 at 18:06, 18May1991 said:

Agree with this. A nightmare to play against, yet I’m still firmly of the view that he’s second rate. For all the plaudits Celtic (rightly) got for their attacking play, they were badly found out in Europe where top drawer forwards just don’t miss the number of chances Celtic’s did. 

Maeda for me isn't a natural striker or winger,hes the best player I've seen off the ball (Cowan and Cosgrove would agree).
In Europe defenders don't tend to make the mistakes domestic players do like the sevco players sleeping at Ibrox for Maeda to pounce.
I think the rat will play him more forward with him and Kyogo no defender gets a second to turn off.
Second rate is harsh M8 plus I would say hes a better Kenny Miller for Japan and Celtic. 

On 05/07/2023 at 19:48, Derry Alli said:

Of that there is no question. It now appears to be the ones you get right; you get right spectacularly so. The ones you get wrong; also spectacularly so.

AJ is just as good if not better than Frimpong, players are becoming more and more like mercenaries it's no surprise clubs are finding ways to protect their investment.

1 minute ago, willywastecoat said:

players have different qualities so never like to compare them.

Seems strange you'd say this then :

8 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

AJ is just as good if not better than Frimpong

For what it's worth, you're wrong. There's a reason Frimpong is in German top flight about to go for £30m at 22 years old and Johnston is 25 and playing in Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Seems strange you'd say this then :

For what it's worth, you're wrong. There's a reason Frimpong is in German top flight about to go for £30m at 22 years old and Johnston is 25 and playing in Scotland.

Do you honestly think transfer fees makes you a better player?
Plus I've no doubt AJ could play in the German top flight.
I've got no problem saying they're both very good players it's also easy to say AJ is and always will be a better defender M8.

7 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Do you honestly think transfer fees makes you a better player?

No. I think age, attributes and level they are playing at are good indicators of ability.

First and foremost though I prefer to use my eyes. Frimpong, while at Celtic, was a better player than Johnston is now. Frimpong has improved since then.

8 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

No. I think age, attributes and level they are playing at are good indicators of ability.

First and foremost though I prefer to use my eyes. Frimpong, while at Celtic, was a better player than Johnston is now. Frimpong has improved since then.

I think you’ve been whooshed mate. Nobody genuinely thinks that Johnston is a better player than Frimpong.

8 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Level it's easy to say the world cup,attributes AJ can defend Frimpong can't, age there is always room to improve.