What covers are better than original

Fullerene

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it’s better, but I do still like Carter’s version of ‘Rent’ mostly because Jimbob’s snotty howling is in such stark contrast to Neil Tennant’s deadpan delivery 

Had the misfortune to hear Metallica's cover of 'Whiskey in the Jar' the other day. Whilst the cover of the song was dreadful and  a carbon copy of Thin Lizzy's cover without the charm or grace, one thing annoyed me more than it should. They were singing 'whack fall the daddio' instead of 'Wept for my daddio' as I have been singing for umpteen years. On checking google I now realise I have been singing the wrong words all this time. Life changing...........

Edited by Joe Terrapin

I might have posted this before cos it's the first thing that leaps into my head when this question is asked.  Apologies if I have.

Lowell Fulson's version of The Beatle's 'Why Don't We Do It In The Road'.

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/06/2023 at 13:44, Jives Miguel said:

Better than the Metallica original

I was confused because I’d got the title confused with “What is and should never be” so when it started I thought how is this supposed to be better than Led Zeppelin?

but actually it’s like a Metallica only funkier and groovier so it belongs on the list

Can't mind if I said it before, but Adele's version of Make You Feel My Love is a million times better than Dylan's.

I may change my mind when I'm older as I can see the charm of a 70 year old singing that. Actually I will listen to it again then presumably retract my initial intimation.

Forgive me my impetuous interruption.