TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

Fun. Belle and Sebastian were great. London Grammar were decent. Radiohead were brilliant and kinda helped by a cracking atmosphere where I was.

Wish I'd found a better spot to watch them. I was surrounded by drunks trying to shout over every song and far too many 'when they gonna play creep' folk.

Quite enjoyed Belle and Sebastian as well Louis Berry on the wee stage. I found Rag n Bone man really dull though

Wish I'd found a better spot to watch them. I was surrounded by drunks trying to shout over every song and far too many 'when they gonna play creep' folk.

Quite enjoyed Belle and Sebastian as well Louis Berry on the wee stage. I found Rag n Bone man really dull though

The folk around me seemed so happy to just be there. Made it such a great experience. We all had a few bounce alongs, singalongs and just had a great time. There was handshakes and hugs at the end.

f**k. That was tremendous. [emoji38]

12 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

That was my bar. We had no tonic all of Saturday! Don't know how many arguments I had with folk about having to take the lids off the wine bottles too.

Also didn't understand the purpose of the guys checking id at the start of the queue. Just made it longer and they seemed to only do that some of the time. No end of underagers/fake IDs slipped through the net

Shouts to the lassie on the bar that kept the lids on the three wines I bought to store in my packet in the crowd at Radiohead. :lol:

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 19:03, Louis Litt said:

Some guy at my work is adamant that this is due to become a camping thing next year, and TITP's done for good (the latter most folk already suspect tbh.)

As someone who admittedly knows absolutely f**k all about the layout of Glasgow Green, does anyone reckon there's any chance he's right? Or is he just havering a load of shite?

Absolutely no chance they'll allow camping on that scale in a largely residential area.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Absolutely no chance they'll allow camping on that scale in a largely residential area.

Yeah I assumed as much, seemed stupid to market it as a non camping event and to cave a year later on.

It's getting to the point where it's looking like T's finished. Geoff Ellis kind of just brushed it off in an interview last week (the same on he confirmed TRNSMT 2018 in). Whilst folk on here might have started to hate T with the numpties kicking about etc, which is fair enough, it'd be shame for it to be gone forever.  Although it was a total shambles after they moved to Strathallan so it couldn't be there again, heard a few rumours that they'll return to Balado in 2019 once the 4 year contract with Strathallan is up but wouldn't be sure of it. 

Edited by Fratelli

I went through for radiohead, had a great time, was fairly wrecked by the time they came on, but wasn't too much of an arsehole, other than when 2+2=5 came on, then it was beer everywhere.

5 hours ago, Fratelli said:

It's getting to the point where it's looking like T's finished. Geoff Ellis kind of just brushed it off in an interview last week (the same on he confirmed TRNSMT 2018 in). Whilst folk on here might have started to hate T with the numpties kicking about etc, which is fair enough, it'd be shame for it to be gone forever.  Although it was a total shambles after they moved to Strathallan so it couldn't be there again, heard a few rumours that they'll return to Balado in 2019 once the 4 year contract with Strathallan is up but wouldn't be sure of it. 

I'm wondering if that rumoured smaller festival might be what T in the Park becomes, because I certainly can't see two majors like that being about up here. Doesn't seem to be an appetite for it.

5 hours ago, Fratelli said:

Can't see them bringing it back unless it's back to Balado or at least away from Strathallan. Couple that with a few year's break and better headliners and it could do well. 

I agree it's a shame though. I loved TITP but even comparing it to 5 years ago the atmosphere is so much worse.

I have a funny feeling they'll turn TITP into a dance-oriented festival, which is the way it was starting to go anyway - allowing them to justify Calvin Harris headlining every two years. That'll be where the bams go, and everyone else will go to TRNSMT.

I've heard Ellis talk about how one of his biggest regrets is that the short-lived Connect festival didn't work out, so I think we might see TRNSMT essentially become that.

That's the only way I can see both festivals co-existing anyway.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm wondering if that rumoured smaller festival might be what T in the Park becomes, because I certainly can't see two majors like that being about up here. Doesn't seem to be an appetite for it.

Aye i definitely don't think couldn't have both T and TRNSMT in the same year, doubt they'd have the resources for it. Not sure DF's contact list could spread that far anyway.

51 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Can't see them bringing it back unless it's back to Balado or at least away from Strathallan. Couple that with a few year's break and better headliners and it could do well. 

I agree it's a shame though. I loved TITP but even comparing it to 5 years ago the atmosphere is so much worse.

I reckon after a couple years off to build appetite (folk are already getting nostalgic about it) and having it at Balado they'd almost certainly sell it out with a half decent line up 

Edited by Fratelli

• 3 weeks later...

Rumour has it that it's Coldplay, The Killers and Mumford and Sons to headline next year. I'd 100% go for The Killers, but I'd have to see who's playing during the day for the other days before buying a ticket.