Work colleagues

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

After resisting it for years, I recently signed up for an account with LinkedIn, and just noticed that a certain box office poster from P&B has been examining my deets.

Moving on up, boys. I'll try not to forget the little people.

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-cam

That's the Xmas night out being organised. 3 depots going (our boss looks after 3 places now). We've got to pay £40 towards it, told them to ram it. I know 2 people from the other branches, and have no desire to meet the rest of them. I only bother about the people I work with.  I missed out on time with friends and family last December, so I know where my loyalties will lie.

That's the Xmas night out being organised. 3 depots going (our boss looks after 3 places now). We've got to pay £40 towards it, told them to ram it. I know 2 people from the other branches, and have no desire to meet the rest of them. I only bother about the people I work with.  I missed out on time with friends and family last December, so I know where my loyalties will lie.
The only perks to a xmas night out is the free drink, without that it's a no go.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

I try to avoid them too. Years back I worked for Somerfield. They put on a Christmas night for us all, booked a room at a local hotel. Everyone (including a girl I quite fancied) were going. 

I and a mate turned up 10 minutes late. We went to the hotel bar and could see into the booked out room. There was the store manager in the middle of the dance floor, with a flip chart talking about sales. All the folk from the shop, dressed to the nines, sitting looking bored. My mate and I stayed in the bar and had a few drinks. 90 minutes later the music started and we went through. 

Never fancied a works night out ever since. 

Just now, Empty It said:
5 minutes ago, philpy said:

The only perks to a xmas night out is the free drink, without that it's a no go.

The city centre is going to be a nightmare at Xmas , even more so with the "yuletide heroes" that didn't get out Last Xmas. It's at brewhemia, another reason to avoid it. I'll stick to my local bowling club, where I can 2 pints and change off a tenner.

You go girl

The city centre is going to be a nightmare at Xmas , even more so with the "yuletide heroes" that didn't get out Last Xmas. It's at brewhemia, another reason to avoid it. I'll stick to my local bowling club, where I can 2 pints and change off a tenner.
Yuletide heroes [emoji23]

I think Brewhemia is alright, feck knows how anyone finds their way out of there though

Ive had quite a few different workplaces over the last 10years. Results in giving the first xmas night out at each place the benefit of the doubt....

They're all tragic and rammed full of folk who never actually go out. They get pissed after 3drinks and talk about work and their weans. Boring bastvrds.

Far better just having a few drinks with a few of the good guys/girls you actually like on another day.

On 14/07/2021 at 16:25, thistledo said:

how dumb does he think everyone around him is?

That's what I love about these folk, do they think folk are stupid? Or do they enjoy seeing folk's face flinch in the moments they make the decision to question or say nothing?

The best Christmas night out I had at work was one where we’d all put £10 into a kitty since the previous one. Think there was just under £1000 in it. We sacked off the works planned Christmas meal and just went on the piss.

The hangover on the Sunday wasn’t worth it, but it was a great night.

Ive had quite a few different workplaces over the last 10years. Results in giving the first xmas night out at each place the benefit of the doubt....

They're all tragic and rammed full of folk who never actually go out. They get pissed after 3drinks and talk about work and their weans. Boring bastvrds.

Far better just having a few drinks with a few of the good guys/girls you actually like on another day.
Naively, I thought thats what folk wwre doing/complaining about. But then, any xmas night out iv ever had has been organised from within the team I worked with and we went wherever we fancied, with only a few that didnt come to any nights out through the year making the effort to attend at xmas.

I guess folk are meaning corporate mandated, mingle with the big bosses type fun. Sounds shit

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Anyone that goes to a Christmas night out is a pure fanny.

Ach, I've been to many over the years - some good, some just OK.  I've never been to a bad one but then again I've given a swerve to a few as I knew they'd be shite.  

Think we've carried over our budget from last year that was never used so, for the first time I think we can try and get somewhere without a requirement of it costing under £20 per head.

Im just going to take charge and book it to get some decent scran.  

There's a post on this thread somewhere about a Christmas night out I actually helped organise, it's an alright read if you can be arsed. 

On that very Christmas night out a lass from the office, who in the weeks previous to this had made certain advances which I turned down, more or less got fingered at the bar whilst a good few of us were standing around mid conversation with her and the lad involved. 

I actually quite like works Christmas nights out*

*If the people you work with aren't total c***s, can be rare. 

The very thought of work Christmas depresses me. I'm actually finding it hard to express how much I dread being in the company of most of these people in work never mind a social setting. I really hope they feel the same. If I even get asked to go I obviously haven't made my position clear enough over the years.

12 minutes ago, thistledo said:

There's a post on this thread somewhere about a Christmas night out I actually helped organise, it's an alright read if you can be arsed. 

On that very Christmas night out a lass from the office, who in the weeks previous to this had made certain advances which I turned down, more or less got fingered at the bar whilst a good few of us were standing around mid conversation with her and the lad involved. 

I actually quite like works Christmas nights out*

*If the people you work with aren't total c***s, can be rare. 

Did you get any sloppy seconds?