Work colleagues

2 minutes ago, Tamdunk said:

I was going to say just don't put it in upside down, but it appears that people on here struggle with printers.

Ah, so that's why you were pissed off at her - you didn't know what to do either?

On the subject of work nights out, I've never been to an official work night out and I've no intention of ever doing so.  One year, a dozen or so of us arranged our own Christmas night out in Glasgow and in typical Glasgow fashion we couldn't get in anywhere in the city centre after about midnight.  So it was back to the hotel bar to drink over-priced French Martinis in to the early hours, couple of hours sleep and home on an early train.  Was a decent enough day/night but wouldn't rush to do again. 

There's various golf trips, go-karting piss ups etc organised and heavily subsidised or paid for by work, but I spend enough time with these people that I've no intention of using my own free time to do so.

10 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

On the subject of work nights out, I've never been to an official work night out and I've no intention of ever doing so.  One year, a dozen or so of us arranged our own Christmas night out in Glasgow and in typical Glasgow fashion we couldn't get in anywhere in the city centre after about midnight.  So it was back to the hotel bar to drink over-priced French Martinis in to the early hours, couple of hours sleep and home on an early train.  Was a decent enough day/night but wouldn't rush to do again. 

There's various golf trips, go-karting piss ups etc organised and heavily subsidised or paid for by work, but I spend enough time with these people that I've no intention of using my own free time to do so.

I am somewhat the same. As you know, this gang put on Aberdeen centric, pretentious w****r nights out where all the office bootlickers etc go and talk work. I would never and have never attended one. But almost every time off I go for pints with some boys from my work. Self organised with the ones I actually like.

When I worked in Inverness a load of people from the office all got together and went out on Christmas Eve.  Weird behaviour.

My work never really go out as we are based somewhere that requires everyone to commute by car.  If people are away then we'll usually go out but sometimes I don't even bother with that.  I am very boring though and don't really drink alcohol.  

I remember somebody suggested a paintball office outing. I grew out of playing Japs and Commandos when I was about ten so wouldn't have gone anyway but fortunately most of the others gave it the thumbs down too so it never happened.

6 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

I get to meet my new work colleagues at a “Staff cookout” this afternoon.

Apparently the heat index is showing as around 105degF emoji27.png

ETA: pray for RN

I initially read that wrong and wondered where the problem was. Just make sure your skegs aren't too scabby.

I get to meet my new work colleagues at a “Staff cookout” this afternoon.
Apparently the heat index is showing as around 105degF [emoji27]

ETA: pray for RN

Our department barbecue is the first Friday in August so it’s always 90F+ and there’s like next to no shade or breeze.

It’s from 12pm to 3pm so you either go and endure the dull work chat or stay in the office and work.

I realised I was getting too old for works nights out when at the last one, a female colleague in her 20's stopped mid story to say she couldn't complete it, nodding at me, "it's like telling a dirty joke to your Da". I'll stay at home with the Horlicks from now on. 

I realised I was getting too old for works nights out when at the last one, a female colleague in her 20's stopped mid story to say she couldn't complete it, nodding at me, "if he doesn’t stop masterbating I’m complaining to HR” I'll stay at home with the Horlicks from now on. 

Our department barbecue is the first Friday in August so it’s always 90F+ and there’s like next to no shade or breeze.

It’s from 12pm to 3pm so you either go and endure the dull work chat or stay in the office and work.

Was actually 111degF , even in the shade.

However, in a school with about 30 teachers I’m one of only 3 males and I’ve got the “accent” [emoji12]

6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Was actually 111degF , even in the shade.

However, in a school with about 30 teachers I’m one of only 3 males and I’ve got the “accent” emoji12.png

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Celsius m8 FFS

It certainly works in this quote from David Crosby.