Work colleagues

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It might be ok with some mates in the summer, but in the winter with folk you might not like and, as you say, no chance to leave if/when it gets shit, it sound fucking terrible.

Even worse that they're spending so much money on it as you say. That's really poor, especially if it prices folk out. The logistics of getting there and back must be a nightmare as well.

All in all it sound absolutely w**k. Bet they'll just talk about work as well

Most of the cost has been covered by the company tbf but we could have used the money for so many different and better things.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^Fanny fear.

There isn't a female under 45 at my workplace so was never really a consideration...

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Most of the cost has been covered by the company tbf but we could have used the money for so many different and better things.

There isn't a female under 45 at my workplace so was never really a consideration...

I admit the Glamping idea would probably turn into a murder mystery, but you're going to have to review that upper age limit eventually. Do it now, you'll get used to it.

Heating's not working in here today, engineers are working on it, probably just an air lock, but you'd think we'd asked people to work in siberia wearing a mankini the way some folk are going on about it.

Office social club night out tonight. Various teams having their own night's out this Saturday and next.

Not for me. If I can get through the next 9 shifts until I stop for my holidays without killing somebody then I'll have done well.

Otherwise grown up people are excited by the prospect of Christmas Jumper Fridays from now until Xmas. Folk who didn't own one have gone put and bought one just to join in.

If you're a child then a Christmas jumper is acceptable. If you're in your 40s or 50s? Just naw.

Think you're about to be visited by three ghosts.
Ya miserable hoor.

I'll happily sing along to every song in Muppets Christmas Carol. When I'm watching it at Christmas. I like Christmas.

Not in my office when we're already up to our necks in utter shite and there's more pouring in. We're here to work.

Tacky Christmas jumpers? It's a bullshit Americanism we've adopted.

We have our Christmas party tonight. Thankfully there's no glamping or personalised headbands - just a 3 course meal and a piss up. We used to have a band playing but obviously our social committee had their budget cut so it'll be a shite DJ.

And it's in fucking Nairn.

On 12/1/2017 at 15:02, WeAreElgin said:

We have our Christmas party tonight. Thankfully there's no glamping or personalised headbands - just a 3 course meal and a piss up. We used to have a band playing but obviously our social committee had their budget cut so it'll be a shite DJ.

Do they do Christmas in Nairn?

On 01/12/2017 at 15:02, WeAreElgin said:

The Classroom?

Had my Christmas night out last night, went to Grill On The Corner un Glasgow, had calamari to start, then a steak and finally apple crumble. Excellent and the boss paid for it, although we didn’t find this out until the end, precluding everyone ordering lobsters, two steaks each and magnums of champagne.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:36, Cerberus said:

North America? I thought you were from Canada.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:00, stu20vt said:

Is Canada not North America?

I've seen Canada referred to as British North America.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Had our works Christmas night out last night at the Apex Hotel in The Grassmarket. So glad I work in a different department from some folk...

In other news, the meal we got was fucking bland. Check the actual state of this soup:
fb71900df5d30ac02ad7535a023eae65.jpg

Is that a soup fork you're using there?

Had our works Christmas night out last night at the Apex Hotel in The Grassmarket. So glad I work in a different department from some folk...

In other news, the meal we got was fucking bland. Check the actual state of this soup:
fb71900df5d30ac02ad7535a023eae65.jpg

What flavour is it.....

Cattle Bile with Albino worms ?