Work colleagues

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
It has been a while since I had a boss but if I had one I'd happily work under Rugster's no-nonsense regime. 

If you and Rugster want to dick measure about who the biggest boss man is please do it via PM thanks.

Oh definitely him - I mostly work alone. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Our office cleaner is walking about with a Santa hat on. In the name of f**k.

Speaking of office cleaners is it just my office that does a collection for the cleaners every Christmas? 

I always feel like a dick as I don't put anything into it.  They're paid to do a job and have absolutely no chat with me at all throughout the year.  Am I a bad person or the only sane person in the office?

I’m quite a grumpy c**t generally but “at work to work”? f**k off rugster. By all means, if you can’t get on with folk then aye, just be an adult, be civil and get on with the job. If you can have a laugh at work then it passes the day a lot quicker.
On the cleaner collection front, we don’t have a collection. I don’t really speak to the cleaner (I’ll say hello, but that’s about it). A woman in the office talks to her a bit, it’s very forced and quite cringey imo, but she got a wee miniature of Malibu and shot glass as a present. It’s ended up with me as I’m not particularly fussy when it comes to alcohol. Upshot, saved myself forced chat and still got the reward.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:
It has been a while since I had a boss but if I had one I'd happily work under Rugster's no-nonsense regime. 

If you and Rugster want to dick measure about who the biggest boss man is please do it via PM thanks.

No surprise you don't want to talk about measuring.

Does the fact I’ve got an Xmas tie on today, albeit a very subtle one mean Rugster will hate me? Cause I’m ok with that.

What I can’t abide by is people decorating their desks with tacky, cheap shite. Luckily we’re not allowed to and given its 90% males in the office, none of us care greatly about Christmas.

2 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Rugster at work.4c49f7dee8ab28656b62ab0d9c35e2b0.jpg

You've got a fucking cheek!

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Speaking of office cleaners is it just my office that does a collection for the cleaners every Christmas? 

I always feel like a dick as I don't put anything into it.  They're paid to do a job and have absolutely no chat with me at all throughout the year.  Am I a bad person or the only sane person in the office?

Aye, I spoke about this on another thread. Load of pish.

22 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Quite liked this one from latest Viz....

baby.JPG

This is an annoyance of mines. Starting to think that some of the women in my work bring their kids into the office as soon as it has popped out and don’t bother taking it home first... :lol: 

Edited by IainMorton

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Just had the email round thanking everybody for their contributions - they raised £88.00 for our 2 cleaners which is mainly being spent on vouchers. 

They are hardly in the office so I think myself who is in here almost 40 hours a week should be due about £300 worth of vouchers.

7 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Just had the email round thanking everybody for their contributions - they raised £88.00 for our 2 cleaners which is mainly being spent on vouchers. 

They are hardly in the office so I think myself who is in here almost 40 hours a week should be due about £300 worth of vouchers.

Vouchers are pish, why wouldn't they just hand over the money?

"Hi Agnes, we raised £80 for you to spend on yourself at Christmas but we've decided that you can only spend it in this specific shop. Enjoy!"

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Vouchers are pish, why wouldn't they just hand over the money?

"Hi Agnes, we raised £80 for you to spend on yourself at Christmas but we've decided that you can only spend it in this specific shop. Enjoy!"

Agreed - Debenhams vouchers is what they will be getting.  Handy if the cleaners live in Aberdeen but if they live anywhere outwith the city then it's a slight pain to use them.

I can't complain too much since I didn't contributed I suppose :lol:

I work in an analytical function with about 10 or so others. We have one bank of desks in an operational area of about 500.

This month we've had to deal with every desk being decorated, a festive raffle every day,  a daily advent calendar reveal where someone wins an hours holiday or something and a floor wide secret Santa.

We sit in the corner, at undecorated desks, running code and wearing headphones all day. 

5 minutes ago, Silvio said:

I work in an analytical function with about 10 or so others. We have one bank of desks in an operational area of about 500.

This month we've had to deal with every desk being decorated, a festive raffle every day,  a daily advent calendar reveal where someone wins an hours holiday or something and a floor wide secret Santa.

We sit in the corner, at undecorated desks, running code and wearing headphones all day. 

giphy.gif