Danny Wilson - Europa Eligibility

Solitaire

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is an argument about whether a fairly mediocre player representing the 3rd best team in the 23rd best league in Europe should or shouldn't be allowed to play in the 1st qualifying round of the Europa League against the 4th best team in Luxembourg?

What next? A thread arguing that Ryan Jack has taken a massive step up in his career despite leaving the 2nd best team in the 23rd best league in Europe to join the 3rd best team in that league?

What does it even matter anyway? Rangers are likely to get pumped by a far superior Cypriot club in the 2nd qualifying round anyway - if they get through the 1st round.

Mark Fotheringham was quoted in the press this week describing Scottish football fans as "living in a dreamworld", "deluded" and "living on an entirely different planet". Danny Wilson's eligibility is, in a wider footballing context, so utterly inconsequential the fact that there is any controversy over it highlights how insular we are as a footballing nation and backs up everything that Fotheringham said. 

How many football fans in Europe know who Danny Wilson is? How many football fans in Europe even know that Rangers are playing in Europe this year? and how many of those that do give the remotest of f*cks? When Rangers went bankrupt a few years ago the global football community simply shrugged their shoulders and asked themselves why they should care - there was no international outpouring of grief. 

Maybe the focus in Scotland should be on proactively dealing with the underlying reasons for our complete footballing irrelevance as a nation rather than on a player or club that the rest of the footballing world are unlikely to have heard of or care about in the slightest. 

Should Danny Wilson be eligible or not? Who cares?  Are Rangers the same club or a new club? Who cares?

When Rangers went bankrupt a few years ago the global football community simply shrugged their shoulders and asked themselves why they should care

So did Rangers fans.

The only interested, non-Scottish based, group who even remotely cared about Rangers dying was the Football Manager community. And, tbh, most spent more time discussing Parma

Clearly those that emailed UEFA and quite a few who do the 'not same club argument'.
That said, I appreciate you don't give a f**k as you've a Championship challenge to look forward to.

Have to admit I don't do the same club argument bugs the hell out of me it's time to move on.

It's fairly obvious to everyone you are a new club, there's no argument about it.

Why do I believe it's worthy of a thread?
Ok.
There are many numbskulls that consider Rangers "a new club"
Some of those numbskulls contacted the authorities, claiming that Rangers using Danny Wilson as a "trained player" for eligibility reasons was false as Rangers were "a new club" and so he trained with the "old Rangers".
Uefa have already said Rangers are the same club but just backed that up by agreeing Danny Wilson was trained "by the same club" in youth.
I felt it funny as those seeking to make the "new club claim", actually resulted in UEFA again saying Rangers is the same club.
As a Rangers fan, I therefore posted it.
Why an Inverness fan is telling me my thread is not worthy bemuses me.
I suggest you f**k off.

79b57a9fe077ead2517876120e6b50d6.jpg

12 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Not really, I made a pun.

Probably your best pun yet Zen.

11 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Oh dear oh dear, Tedi got fucked over by something similar and laughed at. That page is updated and maintained by the SFA themselves , it is their job to keep the SFA section of the UEFA website up to date.

Celtic fans send letters to UEFA, UEFA ask SFA to clear it up, SFA tell UEFA that there is nothing wrong because according to the SFA The Rangers are Rangers, UEFA responds and tell the dafties that sent in letters to f**k off.

Nice try, wanna try again?

One particular Celtic fan sends them pics of his nuj card...

Bunch of  green n grey weirdos...

7 hours ago, Afrojim said:

When Rangers went bankrupt a few years ago the global football community simply shrugged their shoulders and asked themselves why they should care - there was no international outpouring of grief. 

This

Besides, Rangers were far from the first major team to go bust and re-start as a new club, I mean Napoli were liquidated in 2004, Parma twice (2004 and 2015).  Outside the UK probably about as many people cared about Rangers liquidation as cared about Rapid Bucharest's liquidation last year.

11 hours ago, bennett said:

Probably your best pun yet Zen.

One particular Celtic fan sends them pics of his nuj card...

Bunch of  green n grey weirdos...

178 :lol: 

Why do I believe it's worthy of a thread?
Ok.
There are many numbskulls that consider Rangers "a new club"

Personally I support you on this, and I'm thoroughly glad to hear that The Rangers are the same club as they were.

Does this mean that the club will be paying all those debts owed to creditors?

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

Celtic fans have reported us to uefa over Lee Wallace' registration.

Uefa must be sick fed up with those Muppets by now

167 :lol:

Minus 11 overnight :lol: 

Archived