The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

4 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

Sadly, the club is being run by a group of well meaning amatuers.............

Correct Pastmaster.

They have done some good community work football wise with the schools although I think that was down to Anthony McMinn.

Also heard last night  they are doing some great work with some local Palestinian refugees by inviting them all to the next home game on to the pitch to show support for the current plight of their people.

when we slate them for football reasons it’s only right we praise them for being decent people 

The community work with the schools was down to Pat Rolink as part of the anti-sectarianism campaign.  Pat is another good man who has been pushed out. With regards to working with refugees, didn`t Eddie Haggerty do similar with some Syrian folks a year or so back

2 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

The community work with the schools was down to Pat Rolink as part of the anti-sectarianism campaign.  Pat is another good man who has been pushed out. With regards to working with refugees, didn`t Eddie Haggerty do similar with some Syrian folks a year or so back

Yes on both counts though from talking with a head teacher in the Georgian yesterday , mcminn took the football side up a level.

Its great to see so many rovers teams in Coatbridge , albeit some are under Cliftonhill name 

Last season, you did a wonderful football programme involving youngsters struggling to gain employment and we also taught skills away from football. I popped down a few times to have a look at the progress youngsters I was working with were getting on and it was an excellent set up which really did put the club into the heart of the community and put you in a great light. Think that has ended now though as I haven’t heard about it since, which was a pity because the teenagers I know that were involved got a lot out of it and a couple of them attended a few games off the back of it.

?..and actually I've more of a soft spot for them than any other team, possibly because they are our most frequent opposition (could have made that up).

I don't think Albion are as bad as we were, so will hopefully avoid the drop.

We've played Rovers more than any other club and by some margin. If we've any Derby rivals it's Albion Rovers. After yesterday's game I'm not sure your second sentence will stand up but I share your hope. But then things can only get better[emoji846]

Don't give up guys. Never say never.

7 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Sounds like a match report for us under Stuart Miller!

At least we had a couple of good players that year amongst the absolute dross, and were capable of picking up some points; Rovers look to have absolutely nothing, as things stand. A bit of SPFL experience in Wharton and Fisher, but back then we had Marc McCusker and Alan Lithgow for starters. 

6 minutes ago, printer said:

Connor Shields, guys? Talk to me.

The perfect foil for Trouten last season. In fact Trouten's goals dried up to a certain extent after Connor left in January. Really pacey and for half of lady season was really finding his mark with the goals as well assists.

The perfect foil for Trouten last season. In fact Trouten's goals dried up to a certain extent after Connor left in January. Really pacey and for half of lady season was really finding his mark with the goals as well assists.
So should do a job for us in the Championship?

Trouten isn't cutting it. It's just too fast for him.

1 hour ago, printer said:

So should do a job for us in the Championship?

Trouten isn't cutting it. It's just too fast for him.

Trouten couldn’t cut it 10 years ago in the championship so can’t say I’m surprised to hear this. 

Correct Pastmaster.
They have done some good community work football wise with the schools although I think that was down to Anthony McMinn.
Also heard last night  they are doing some great work with some local Palestinian refugees by inviting them all to the next home game on to the pitch to show support for the current plight of their people.
when we slate them for football reasons it’s only right we praise them for being decent people 

Although Tony put the wheels in motion for the football camps and stuff. His own soccer schools ruin as a rival to our own.

Sean higgans took all the school work on last season and apparantly done more than a good job with it

On 26/08/2018 at 11:26, Yoda8 said:

Correct Pastmaster.

Tony is a top man. When the local food bank in the Levenmouth area was in dire straits recently he was along with a bag of groceries...