C**** on Holiday

12 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I've never understood the concept of going on holiday and lying on a lounger to get cooked by the sun until you look like Jimmy Calderwood.
I'd be bored after 15 seconds.

Yep.  I get bored just lying.  I'll maybe have an hour or so lying reading, then I want to be up and about doing something. 

Edit: also, going on holiday with 2 young kids means that usually I don't even get the chance to sit on my arse for an hour. 

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

me either, and I have been on loads. I have been in Cancun for more than a week it is actually a very expensive endurance test. bored is not even close. My wife like to get a tan and read books in the sun, so I come along and stay in the room watching films. this is the worst so far because I cant get to pittodrie on Thursday.

Love hurts.

Have you tried lube?

Just now, Kneetrembler said:

me either, and I have been on loads. I have been in Cancun for more than a week it is actually a very expensive endurance test. bored is not even close. My wife like to get a tan and read books in the sun, so I come along and stay in the room watching films. this is the worst so far because I cant get to pittodrie on Thursday.

Love hurts.

This guy gets it.
I have attention span of a goldfish. Lying on a bench is boring. Also I don't like that feeling of really hot constant sun.

Each to their own but we're right and the rest of you are wrong.

People who complain about shite WIFI in hotels for me.

That would be one of the last things I am thinking about when I'm away. Probably the same sort of c***s who post those stupid airport drinks pictures mentioned earlier

Scum on holiday

Pictures of drink at the airport
Pictures of drink and scottish/uk food on holiday
Burnt bright red in sunburn pics
Spend entire holiday all inclusive sitting beside a pool.

Throw in rangers/celtic top and comments like waaaahaaay or holibags

45 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I've never understood the concept of going on holiday and lying on a lounger to get cooked by the sun until you look like Jimmy Calderwood.
I'd be bored after 15 seconds.

I think if you mix up the holiday in terms of doing stuff some days and chilling others it's better - but under a parasol, with a good novel, a cold beer, when the sun's gone down a wee bit, and with the a couple of exotic bits of stuff in the pool or an adjacent lounger.....

The thought of chucking lotion on and having to lie on your front in the sweltering sun for a significant period to 'balance' the bronze/orange/red look does not constitute quality time.....

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Scottish people abroad that must make conversation with anyone else that's Scottish.

Two occasions I recall!

First me and a mate were visiting friends in Nyborg, Denmark. We decided to pop over to Sweden for a day or two. Pre bridge so had to take ferry. Pubs i Sweden were pretty hard to get into. You had to knock the door and if the guy thought you were ok you got in. Got into one, up to the bar and ordered when a voice came from the back of the bar " Haw where you guys from? I'm frae Motherwell " Tbf to the guy after exchanging greetings he didn't try to join us.

Second was with the wife in Knokke on the Belgian coast. Celtic were playing in Switzerland and some of them had obviously strayed from the ferry into town. One wee mutant overheard us talking and you could just about hear the gears in his wee brain as he was deciding to approach his fellow country folk. Fortunately he was standing next to a kiosk so I strolled over and in my best Flemish/Dutch asked for a paper and two tram tickets. Think that fried his brain and we hopped onto the tram.

Anyhoo. Surprised that nobody appears to have mentioned the fact that the riffraff now can pay a little extra to get access to the executive lounges. Uncivilised c***s the lot of them.

They do my head in,but thankfully in edinburgh they can only pay into certain lounges and i avoid like the plague

ibrox bar.

I ended up in one years ago.

Went to Marmaris with my mates for a week on the piss, and one of them asked if we could nip in, got a pint of beer and sat laughing at the idiots that frequented the joint.

Some woman claimed to be Kirk Broadfoots aunty and took great offence to me asking if he'd learnt how to cook an egg.

Id heard that one in Marmaris actually organised an orange walk. This sums up pretty much why I don't do those holidays anymore.

It wouldn't surprise me.

There's a Celtic bar round the corner from it, just after we left and moved on to a new bar, the barman started lining people outside to march around to the other bar singing the billy boys.

10 hours ago, Rugster said:

People who stand right at the luggage carousel as soon as they get there blocking the way. Arseholes, every one of them. Stand back a few feet and move in when you see your case, which means everyone can get in and out when they need too. These people are absolute fucking arseholes and I'm angry even thinking about it now.

I am on two planes tomorrow and I am now in a bad mood thinking about this. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Went on a #lads holiday to Malia about 3-4 years ago and one of my mates whipped out travellers cheques when we got there, he got ripped to shreds obviously.

Really?  3-4 years ago?  I figured that most people under age 70 had log since stopped using them

60735783036309f9f619b0c69a51915f96828f5a

9 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Went on a #lads holiday to Malia about 3-4 years ago and one of my mates whipped out travellers cheques when we got there, he got ripped to shreds obviously.

They used to be murder, if like me, your signature changes every time you write it. Only alternative to cash not that long ago though.

P.S. When I said not that long ago, I mean the 70/80s.

Im glad you've noticed, enjoy the ibrox bar and the glamorous granny competition as you all dance to the casper slide and talk about just how staunchly british you are and how bad 'foreign' food is.

Was in the Ibrox bar, Marmaris last year but made do with the Highlander in the last fortnight in Gran Canaria [emoji106]

You stick to planning yer holiday like a military operation, traipsing about looking at boring shit and I will sit chilling all day and getting a swally and a laugh.

Archived