ICT

luvfitba

Stirling v ICT.

Stirling were much as we had seen on Saturday. ICT made chances in the 1st half but their shooting was awful. 17 shots 2 on target. They look as if they need game time to understand each other although skill wise they were not too great. Their best player was the left back, Riccardo Calber 21 ?,(loan spell with Dundee from Aston Villa ) he was up against a live wire and Stirlings most dangerous player.    Up front they had Baird and Oakley 22 ( ex AFC Wimbledon injury problems 2015  8  wks hamstring, 2016 broken ankle mostly loaned out and sub app for AFC W  ). Bairdie as with us plenty of effort with no results, can't collect/hold up and lay off or win a high ball and their centre back gave him a metre start and beat him to the ball. Baird was booked for handling ball in.

2nd. half ICT dominated but set pieces was their main threat. Oakley subbed 53 mins for Zschusschen who did not do much.  Polworth and Viguers looked ok in MF with Draper playing behind MF but I think Kerr/Taiwo or McKee are better.  Last 5/10 mins Stirling had them sweating with breakaways and corners.

New ICT signings. Collin Seedorf 22 ( Clarence his uncle) listed as striker but played right mid-field. Very ordinary.

Joe Chalmers 23 ex- Celtic, 2014 bairns loan 11 app., Motherwell 25 app. Scottish Int. under 15's on to 21's. Multiple injuries, persistent groin and hip. Came on as sub but looked lost as in where he was and how to play.

Matty Elsdon 20 Centre Back. Came on the last 10 mins or so and did ok. Big solid laddie wi a beard.

I think ICT probably need time to let their new players gel and for Robertson to get them playing his way but overall I think they will find it hard in the Championship.

7 hours ago, luvfitba said:

Stirling v ICT.

Stirling were much as we had seen on Saturday. ICT made chances in the 1st half but their shooting was awful. 17 shots 2 on target. They look as if they need game time to understand each other although skill wise they were not too great. Their best player was the left back, Riccardo Calber 21 ?,(loan spell with Dundee from Aston Villa ) he was up against a live wire and Stirlings most dangerous player.    Up front they had Baird and Oakley 22 ( ex AFC Wimbledon injury problems 2015  8  wks hamstring, 2016 broken ankle mostly loaned out and sub app for AFC W  ). Bairdie as with us plenty of effort with no results, can't collect/hold up and lay off or win a high ball and their centre back gave him a metre start and beat him to the ball. Baird was booked for handling ball in.

2nd. half ICT dominated but set pieces was their main threat. Oakley subbed 53 mins for Zschusschen who did not do much.  Polworth and Viguers looked ok in MF with Draper playing behind MF but I think Kerr/Taiwo or McKee are better.  Last 5/10 mins Stirling had them sweating with breakaways and corners.

New ICT signings. Collin Seedorf 22 ( Clarence his uncle) listed as striker but played right mid-field. Very ordinary.

Joe Chalmers 23 ex- Celtic, 2014 bairns loan 11 app., Motherwell 25 app. Scottish Int. under 15's on to 21's. Multiple injuries, persistent groin and hip. Came on as sub but looked lost as in where he was and how to play.

Matty Elsdon 20 Centre Back. Came on the last 10 mins or so and did ok. Big solid laddie wi a beard.

I think ICT probably need time to let their new players gel and for Robertson to get them playing his way but overall I think they will find it hard in the Championship.

I can't believe that you spelt Zschusschen correctly, but not Vigurs :lol:

37 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The right midfielder was Mulraney, not Seedorf.  Seedorf was at right back.

Mulraney started left with Polworth right and the two switched a couple of times. Same when Chalmers came on for the injured Mulraney. He started on the right but switched again with Polworth. I lost track of the number of times our wide men swapped sides.

13 hours ago, luvfitba said:

Stirling v ICT.

Thought we had much better shape than on Saturday, and in the main ICT's wild shooting was from outside the box particularly in the first half. If Falkirk can stand up to the physicality I expect them to have too much football for ICT. Their two full backs were the pick of a pretty ordinary team.

Archived