Pork chops

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My daughter worked in Ailsa Craig, broke her fucking heart the way the old people were treated in there and mostly the way she was abused by senior staff as she was newly qualified.

I thought only seabirds and seals lived there?

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

My daughter worked in Ailsa Craig, broke her fucking heart the way the old people were treated in there and mostly the way she was abused by senior staff as she was newly qualified.

There is an expression "nurses eat their young". It's sad but true that some older nurses are awful to NQs. There's various reasons I could assume that I can't be arsed typing them out now but I've not experienced it personally. I have seen it happen to others and it boils my piss. I'm old enough and mouthy enough that I'll speak up if I see it and I'll do my best to support an NQ to learn and gain experience. 

With treatment of people in my care, if I ever hear anyone speaking to them or treating them in a way I'm unhappy with, I'm duty bound to speak up, as is your daughter. The standard you walk past is the standard you condone. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you stick drugs up bums...

Wrong thread, maybe?

Asking for a friend? 

18 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Preferable to pigs intestine breath IMO.

Enjoy those heart attacks 8) 

Come to think of it, I think I'll enjoy a pork chop with my 94 year old granddad soon, 0 heart attacks and counting

6 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

There is an expression "nurses eat their young". It's sad but true that some older nurses are awful to NQs. There's various reasons I could assume that I can't be arsed typing them out now but I've not experienced it personally. I have seen it happen to others and it boils my piss. I'm old enough and mouthy enough that I'll speak up if I see it and I'll do my best to support an NQ to learn and gain experience. 

With treatment of people in my care, if I ever hear anyone speaking to them or treating them in a way I'm unhappy with, I'm duty bound to speak up, as is your daughter. The standard you walk past is the standard you condone.

She spoke up, she got reprimanded then a warning and then she left for a better job.

18 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Preferable to pigs intestine breath IMO.

Enjoy those heart attacks 8) 

Heart attacks? Most vegetarians/vegans are pretentious hipster types that look like malnourished shadows of a human.

Coming from Edinburgh I guess they just look like heroin addicts.

Archived