Pork chops

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GordieBoy80 said:

Does anyone eat these any more?

Yes, quite often. Most recently it was grilled (in a baking tray) with some orange peppers, diced vine tomatoes and red onions. Some paprika, balsamic and a bit of rosemary from the garden. Mint sauce to serve (I have mint sauce with everything just now). 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have them occasionally, quite like to put a fried egg on top.

Chubber. 

Pork chops are okay, they seem to be something you were fed as a child rather than something you'd go out of your way for now. 

The ones I remember as a kid were just bone, fat and a postage size lump of meat. Maybe I'm thinking of lamb chops.

Sounds more like lamb chops. Hardly ever have them myself despite preferring them to pork.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Chubber. 

Pork chops are okay, they seem to be something you were fed as a child rather than something you'd go out of your way for now. 

Similar to gammon steaks with pineapple on top or was that just my mum that threw that on top to make it seem exotic?

Chubber. 

Fried egg is a good combination with them IMO. I agree that they aren't something I would seek out for dinner nowadays, they aren't particularly nice cuts of meat. I have recommended lamb chops for dinner tonight so will see if my good lady agrees:

Similar to gammon steaks with pineapple on top or was that just my mum that threw that on top to make it seem exotic?

The pineapple actually tenderizes the meat due to enzymes in it. So your mum (and mines, and many others) were probably inadvertantly employing modern wanky food science. The same enzymes in pineapple would mildly start to eat your mouth from within if you sucked pineapples for too long...

Nah lots of people do that.

In the 1980s

Fried egg is a good combination with them IMO. I agree that they aren't something I would seek out for dinner nowadays, they aren't particularly nice cuts of meat. I have recommended lamb chops for dinner tonight so will see if my good lady agrees:

Is there enough meat on a lamb chop for her? She is eating for two.

Archived