Charlie Gard

Romeo

21 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm not well versed on the case, but surely if your kid is dying, you'd spend as much time as you could with him, rather than in and out of court.

I don't think that was the issue. From what I've read, it was more about the parents wanting to take him home thus disagreeing with the hospital about the level of care he would require. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Like I say, not an expert. But were they not in court arguing about which doctor should be in charge of his last days?

I'm no expert either, and from the bits I've read, it also appears that the parents were in denial of the extent of their childs deminishing condition. 

Truly a case with no winners.

21 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

The hospice is the bit that I don't get. It's almost like the parents are looking for any win against the hospital. 

The boy has two homes. His parents house and the hospital. Moving him to a random hospice for no reason seems unnecessarily cruel.

I'm pretty sure he was never at his parents home, just the hospital so any moves to take him home/hospice/Disneyland are a red herring. Then there's the fact that he's one.... and there is serious brain damage. 

Sorry, this should be a 'c***s in a hospital thread. Narcissistic feckers the the pair of them, its pretty much all been covered by other posts but I doubt we've seen the back of them, they'll be on whatever shit daytime TV programme will have them.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

I'm no expert either, and from the bits I've read, it also appears that the parents were in denial of the extent of their childs deminishing condition. 

Truly a case with no winners.

That Yank doctor who gave them false hope without even bothering to look at the case notes, x-rays and scans is the real c**t here. He was invited over to examine the baby in January, didn't bother coming till July, took one look and said "Aye, he's a gonner." , then fucked off back to America. Probably charged them a fee and expenses too.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That Yank doctor who gave them false hope without even bothering to look at the case notes, x-rays and scans is the real c**t here. He was invited over to examine the baby in January, didn't bother coming till July, took one look and said "Aye, he's a gonner." , then fucked off back to America. Probably charged them a fee and expenses too.

Did he give the parents false hope or did they garner the false hope from reading his clinic findings?

Finding truly relevant medical information on the internet whether it be proven treatment breakthroughs or initial clinical trials is like finding a needle in a haystack. 

1 minute ago, sjc said:

Did he give the parents false hope or did they garner the false hope from reading his clinic findings?

Finding truly relevant medical information on the internet whether it be proven treatment breakthroughs or initial clinical trials is like finding a needle in a haystack. 

You should read this, posted earlier in the thread.

http://www.melaniephillips.com/cruel-ignorant-campaign/

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cant say anything about GOSH, what I can speak for hospital v hospice local to myself having seen loved ones in both, and a hospice is absolutely the place to live out your last IMO. I can understand why the professionals wanted that for the wee boy.

Hospices (and providing care at home) are not appropriate for patients who are intubated with mechanical ventilation, as Charlie Gard was.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You should read this, posted earlier in the thread.

http://www.melaniephillips.com/cruel-ignorant-campaign/

Grim reading. He doesn't come across well it has to be said. I would have called him an opportunist for a guinea pig for his clinical trials......but then you'd at least expect him to have read the medical notes.

"For every pound we make in book sales, fees from TV appearances and newspaper stories, a certain percentage will go to clinical research and children's healthcare charities".

"Uh huh. And what percentage is that?"

"Zero..... Zero's a percent."

51 minutes ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

I'd advise anyone from looking at the charliegard hashtag on Twitter. The politicising of the case by bat shit crazy Americans is stomach churning. Talk of State murder, UK death panels, GOSH being thrown under a bus. It's just vile.

It was hijacked by the religious nutters a couple of weeks ago. Leave them to be with their talking snakes and smug sense of superiority.

Why is it legal to switch off a life support machine, yet euthanasia is illegal?  I see no difference.  If someone is going to die anyway, then surely the least painful option would be best?

Because the God botherers get their knickers in a twist. And we all have to do what they think is best.

2 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Cracking bit of generalisation there. I know an awful lot of doctors and like any profession there are cnuts but on the whole they are very good people doing a thankless task to hold up a health service they believe in earning a fraction of what they could elsewhere in doing so and continually having their conditions/pay eradicated whilst being demonised by the right wing media especially in cases like CG.

GPs can earn a £100,000 pa, I believe. If that is a "fraction" of what they could earn elsewhere, I'd like to know what they could earn "elsewhere". It would take me over 3 years to earn £100,000.00, not that I would compare my job to a doctor's, and quite frankly I wouldn't fancy being a GP, having to deal with the general public all day every day, half of whom will no doubt be experts, having googled their symptoms.

Consultants always come across as thinking they are God's gift to medicine, but I suppose they have a right to think that to a certain extent. Any consultants I have had dealings with have been perfectly reasonable and not a bit patronising or condescending.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I also know plenty consultants and to a man and women, they are egotistical c***s who think they are doing gods work.

Well if you will keep turning up at A+E demanding the Proctologist removes household objects from your rectum..

20 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I'm pretty sure he was never at his parents home, just the hospital so any moves to take him home/hospice/Disneyland are a red herring. Then there's the fact that he's one.... and there is serious brain damage. 

Sorry, this should be a 'c***s in a hospital thread. Narcissistic feckers the the pair of them, its pretty much all been covered by other posts but I doubt we've seen the back of them, they'll be on whatever shit daytime TV programme will have them.

It won't be long before the McCann's chap their door, next they'll amalgamate into some 60's super group going round promoting their 'Greif Tour'

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I also know plenty consultants and to a man and women, they are egotistical c***s who think they are doing gods work.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well if you will keep turning up at A+E demanding the Proctologist removes household objects from your rectum..

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Ah yes. my humble apologies.

^^^^Obviously not a consultant...

Archived