Squad for Lithuania and Malta

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result and performance but as said it looks like the draws against England and Lithuania when we really should have won will cost us. If we could add real quality strikers and a decent centre back or two I reckon we could qualify but I stopped getting excited about Scotland a while ago. Any qualification seems unlikely unless we host something.

Maybe in five years Barcelona forward Callum Smith will be our saviour?

:lol:

Good result and performance but as said it looks like the draws against England and Lithuania when we really should have won will cost us. If we could add real quality strikers and a decent centre back or two I reckon we could qualify but I stopped getting excited about Scotland a while ago. Any qualification seems unlikely unless we host something.
Maybe in five years Barcelona forward Callum Smith will be our saviour?
:lol:

Centre backs yes but Griffiths is a very good striker.

Gordon even managed to troll us all by bringing McGinn on for 10 minutes at the end. Some boi.

That was a decent performance though. Who'd have thunk that having a few #ballers in the team and actually having a go at the lower ranked team would make such a difference. A wee bit worrying how many chances we offered Lithuania by passing straight to them or just not defending but beggars can't be choosers.

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

What's the order of the final two games

Slovakia at home then Slovenia away.

Probably been mentioned but can't be bothered looking for it - what happens to the second place team do they go into a play off or is it just so many of the best second placed teams that qualify for the WC?

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Perfectly set up for us to implode.

If he reverts back to the let's be scared of the opposition routine we will fail,  look at that team at home against the shite we just pumped total lack of belief and defensive as f**k tonight we set to attack and blew them away haven't seen us so convinING in decades

Probably been mentioned but can't be bothered looking for it - what happens to the second place team do they go into a play off or is it just so many of the best second placed teams that qualify for the WC?

I THINK the top 8 go into a playoff and the 9th (worst) 2nd placed team are just out?

1 minute ago, IainMorton said:

8 best runners up go to home and away play-offs. Worst runners up are oot.

Guest DAVIDB69

Cheers I could have looked it up know. Bottom ranked second placer is out that was Montenegro earlier

Just now, kenny131 said:

If he reverts back to the let's be scared of the opposition routine we will fail,  look at that team at home against the shite we just pumped total lack of belief and defensive as f**k tonight we set to attack and blew them away haven't seen us so convinING in decades

Agreed, I was at the home tie and we were fucking rotten. Shows what a wee bit of pace and some actual footballers on the park can do for you :lol:

Archived