Squad for Lithuania and Malta

Gordopolis

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Aye.. but that finishes 1 each and we could afford to draw with either the Slovaks or Slovenians. Now we need to beat both. Still in our own hands, 3 for 3 and we are in playoffs. Probably need maximum points anyway as not to finish unlucky 9th 2nd spot.

Your last sentence is the point.  Finishing above the other sides isn't enough in itself.  We also need to amass points.  If we don't win all three, how the other sides perform in relation to us, is unlikely to matter.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything but, I was meaning that if we really want to progress to qualification we need real top quality in the spine of the side.
For what it's worth I got banned from the dunfermline fans website after talking up Griffiths the first time I watched him at Livvy and got told he was a ned with red boots. Next game he scored two and I ended up banned for giving out serious telt with added swearing.
:lol:

It would be great to have a top quality spine to the team of course it would be. But we don't need that to qualify, a couple of good centre halves and we'd be there.

For me it's like you picking out Armstrong for example and saying we need to improve on him with a top Premiership player. I don't think that's the issue.

I hope Griffiths is our number 9 for years to come, got a bit of Faddy about him. If a top Premiership player comes along so be it but I won't hold my breath.

Great result n performance but it blows away the Strachan apologists who argued in favour of chris Martin against an attacking rather than passive approach n tried to find reasons against picking Phillips Robertson n Tierney. If only strachan hadn't spent second half of last campaign n first of this being a tedious p***k trying to prove a point to his detractors we could be looking at much better situation

Good win, played some nice football, a few dodgy moments with some dangerous slack passing. I'm still not sold on Forrest and Berra continues to look like a bit of a bombscare but we are starting to look like a decent international side now. Need to keep focused and thrash Malta on Monday now. 

Great result n performance but it blows away the Strachan apologists who argued in favour of chris Martin against an attacking rather than passive approach n tried to find reasons against picking Phillips Robertson n Tierney. If only strachan hadn't spent second half of last campaign n first of this being a tedious p***k trying to prove a point to his detractors we could be looking at much better situation

When has Strachan wrongly not played Robertson or Tierney?

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

When has Strachan wrongly not played Robertson or Tierney?

Read his post I agree with what he's trying to say, for the last 7 or 8 yrs we've been so focused on not concededing goals and the we need a hold up man pish fitba moved on last decade we need pace and tonight we started a game with attacking intent and destroyed them were not as bad a team as has been picked to play

7 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Need more players like James Forrest in the team. Deffo in the team for his ability and performances and nothing to do with his club side.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Airdrie yer arse :lol:

Never mind him, he's a phanny.

As for tonights game.....

I've not seen a Scottish performance like that since the game against Germany in 1974.

Near enough total domination.

Keep it gawn....

:lol:

Read his post I agree with what he's trying to say, for the last 7 or 8 yrs we've been so focused on not concededing goals and the we need a hold up man pish fitba moved on last decade we need pace and tonight we started a game with attacking intent and destroyed them were not as bad a team as has been picked to play

I agree in a way but we've not always had brilliant pacey players. I think in the Maloney/Snodgrass/Anya, Naismith/Fletcher times everyone was happy with it.

Griffiths for example has come on leaps and bounds since then as have other players. Strachan got Robertson into the team pretty quickly though and people actually complained when he called up Tierney.

Think his main faults been not having a centre half and maybe showing too much respect to the opposition sometimes.

Archived