Sportscene Watch 19/20

13 hours ago, crispy said:

How can the first half “stonewaller” penalty claim (involving Gallagher from what I could tell) that Gary Holt mentioned in his post-match, not even feature in the highlights?!

Yeh I wondered where that was as well?

Also, it was nice of them to actually mention Livingston after the highlights once they had got the following out of the way:

1. Gareth McLeary - The new Davie Weir.

2. Morelos. How 100 million isn't enough for him.

3. Villareal - Why they should lie down to the mighty Gers.

4. The complexities of pre-1920 taxation laws in Belgium

5. What they all had for their dinner last night

Then "Oh, and Livingston were on the pitch too."

Considering the highlights painted the picture of Livi having at very least equal amount of good chances in the game, thought they would have at least given them some more credit.

15 hours ago, weemac said:

Normally I like Michael Stewart but his highlighting Rodriguez-gorrins performance yesterday with the comment about how he was central to the way Motherwell have played recently was a joke

A) He came on for about 20mins when we were 3-0 up

B) He has had about 45mins of action since the start of the season.

I was quite happy with how he played yesterday when he came on but to highlight his performance whilst ignoring Turnbull who I would say is more technically gifted is laughable.

If David Turnbull was called Davide Turnbullez he may have got a mention. 

FWIW I feel quite bad for the bold Ally Gorrin as he's getting a bit of stick for only being on for 14 minutes. I did think he was tidy and I'm hoping he gets a bit more time on the pitch in the next few weeks. 

It was fucking window-licking mental to single him out as the key to our recent form, though. 

15 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

FWIW I feel quite bad for the bold Ally Gorrin as he's getting a bit of stick for only being on for 14 minutes. I did think he was tidy and I'm hoping he gets a bit more time on the pitch in the next few weeks. 

It was fucking window-licking mental to single him out as the key to our recent form, though. 

Aye. He's become a bit of collateral damage in the big Sportscene Pile-On.

In the time he was on the park he did a lot of what you'd want. Absolutely wild that they'd make an editorial decision to highlight a boy who was only on the park for 14 mins and playing his first first-team game since August though.

2 hours ago, OSP said:

Also, it was nice of them to actually mention Livingston after the highlights once they had got the following out of the way:

Considering the highlights painted the picture of Livi having at very least equal amount of good chances in the game, thought they would have at least given them some more credit.

They got beat 3-0 mate.

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

It wasn't meant as a dig at Gorrin who impressed me with his cameo, more just the absurdity of him being singled out as the reason for the 'non-hoofball' passages of play in our recent performances.

And to be fair it was actually a decent point that sportscene were making by showing how we can play a bit of football on the deck, they just picked the wrong guy to highlight their point.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Out of interest did Sportscene show any of the Scottish Cup games from the weekend?

No however all Round 3 games are on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottishCupOfficial

They upload highlights from all games in all rounds. :) Also some really cool videos.

This post is the very essence of sevco-obsession from a Celtic fan.

No however all Round 3 games are on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottishCupOfficial

They upload highlights from all games in all rounds. [emoji4] Also some really cool videos.
Nice one cheers. I had caught some of the games through the clubs YouTube channels. Good to see them all collated.

Disappointing though not surprising Sportscene ingnores them.

I was listening to the Hearts game yesterday.

They noted that Moreleos could have been sent off for a nasty challenge, and also said that he had loads of fouls he didn't get booked for. Levein mentioned this after the match.

On radio they also noted an incident where Hearts apparently should have been awarded a penalty.

Not only was none of the above shown, it wasn't even mentioned. They did show a nasty challenge from a Hearts player though (should have been a red).

9 minutes ago, Wasperoonie said:

Great news folks..Sportscene is on later with an hour long extended package of all 6 games from tonight.....

....at 00.45.

I know we live in a world of catchup...but watching Michael Stewart in a onesie yawning is hardly selling our game in the best light.

Match of the day on beforehand too. Can see where their priorities are.

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Are there contractual obligations that meant they can't show Sportscene on a Wednesday so need to wait till after midnight or is this purely the BBC putting English football ahead of Scottish football?

They have to wait till after midnight.

5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I assume the new TV deal won't rectify this.

Probably not. 

Sky and the clubs (pushing their in-house subscription services) want first dibs on being able to show the goals.

Are YouTube highlights also not allowed to be shown until Sportscenes been on?

Its an absolute minter you can't see match highlights, from a Saturday 3 oclock game, until almost 24 hours after the match has finished.