Sportscene Watch 19/20

Dons 1988 has got this.

Stewart made an arse of it.  Not in such a way as merited McIntyre's nonsense on the night, or merited the embarrassingly snivelling nature of the subsequent apology, or remotely justified Stewart's banishment from the airwaves.  

He still made an arse of making a valid point though, by being unable to stand up a very clear implication that Traynor had fed the press the brake tampering story.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Dons 1988 has got this.

Stewart made an arse of it.  Not in such a way as merited McIntyre's nonsense on the night, or merited the embarrassingly snivelling nature of the subsequent apology, or remotely justified Stewart's banishment from the airwaves.  

He still made an arse of making a valid point though, by being unable to stand up a very clear implication that Traynor had fed the press the brake tampering story.

Were the police involved in Fredo's car being tampered with ( by the private investigator , whoever ) ?

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

You are missing the point I was making regarding the double standards of the BBC guidelines.

With reference to how you can or cant talk or comment about a person on the BBC - your point about being on trial is irrelevant especially as Whyte was found not guilty. 

Some people think he was found not guilty because people could not understand the complexities of the case !

29 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Were the police involved in Fredo's car being tampered with ( by the private investigator , whoever ) ?

They have charged a person with tampering with the car, the sunday mail ran a story on it and claimed that the P.I was ex SRR.

8 hours ago, Green Day said:

Appreciate you just pasted this but thats odd -

So its fine and dandy for Tam Cowan to state that he "wouldnt trust a word that Craig Whyte says", but Michael Stewart saying that Traynor is "a dangerous individual" is not adhering to the guidelines?????

Smells like pish

Tbh most of the Scottish media have previously called Whyte a liar, Cowans comments were hardly controversial and on the ball is a completely different show to the sportsound one.

As far as I can see, Michael Stewart could go back on the show if he wished, it looks like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think it was established that his wife had hired a Private Investigator to track him.

Not sure though.  It's not relevant to what I'm saying.

Mrs M has denied that.

Should be easy for Magnum to prove if she did tho.

15 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

It was reported to the police (they towed the car away and examined it)and the P.I. came forward when he saw the furore and false alligators made by Mordor sympathisers of which there seems to be a plethora on here disguised as football fans.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

It was reported to the police (they towed the car away and examined it)and the P.I. came forward when he saw the furore and false alligators made by Mordor sympathisers of which there seems to be a plethora on here disguised as football fans.

I knew these sympathisers are involved in weirdness

Just had a search through the Sky planner, did Sportscene really not bother to put a show together for the two Scottish Cup replays during the week? Possibly the two most exciting games that have happened in Scottish football in the last couple of years at least. As someone said earlier, they managed to fumble together a single game Friday Sportscene for Rangers v Stranraer, but couldn’t be bothered to show two replays over the space of two nights? I see the argument on here regularly about cameras getting sent to certain games etc but I’m sure I seen highlights of both games on Twitter, so what is stopping them putting together a proper highlights programme and giving both the games the analysis they deserve, especially as both were subject to the UEFA blackout and would have had a large audience interested to watch?