Sportscene Watch 19/20

It's not often I watch the Sportscene Results show, but why is it when they read the classified results, they don't read out the Highland and Lowland League scores, but they do read out the English League 2 ones?  I'd like to think more people in Scotland would be interested to hear how Kelty, Spartans, Brora, Fort William etc. got on than the likes of Grimsby and Exeter.

25 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

It's not often I watch the Sportscene Results show, but why is it when they read the classified results, they don't read out the Highland and Lowland League scores, but they do read out the English League 2 ones?  I'd like to think more people in Scotland would be interested to hear how Kelty, Spartans, Brora, Fort William etc. got on than the likes of Grimsby and Exeter.

Pools??

Often the Highland and Lowland League final results do not come in "officially" through the PA or Opta until about 5:15. That's probably the reason, though it wouldn't make much effort to trawl the various Twitter feeds and the likes to put it together themselves.

18 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Pools??

Is that still a thing?  I'm not against the English lower leagues being read out by the way, but I don't see why the lower echelons of English league football should be read out and not the Highland and Lowland leagues.

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Often the Highland and Lowland League final results do not come in "officially" through the PA or Opta until about 5:15. That's probably the reason, though it wouldn't make much effort to trawl the various Twitter feeds and the likes to put it together themselves.

Indeed.  It might've been the case years ago that putting the Highland League results together would've been a bit tougher but not nowadays when even some apps give live HL scores.

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Dare I say it, but the rotten racist homophobe is actually an improvement in terms of insight.

An improvement on who ? ...Certainly not Michael Stewart.  To be fair to him , I think he seemed a bit nervous and stuck to bland platitudes. Probably understandable as he’ll no doubt want to avoid any further controversy and he could possibly become better in time.

An improvement on who ? ...Certainly not Michael Stewart.  To be fair to him , I think he seemed a bit nervous and stuck to bland platitudes. Probably understandable as he’ll no doubt want to avoid any further controversy and he could possibly become better in time.

He’s certainly going to be limited in his ability to criticise.

Malky Mackay on Sportscene.... Christ on a crutch.
Better having  a racist on than someone who criticised Jim Traynor.

Shockeroonee.......double standards at the BBC ?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/16/bbc-pundits-derby-young-black-lads-sparks-call-for-action-craig-ramage-max-lowe-kick-it-out?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Malky Mackay on Sportscene.... Christ on a crutch.

Better having  a racist on than someone who criticised Jim Traynor.

Agreed.

MM is also a bit of a spangle when it comes to the actual punditry bit - actually said something like "I am sure Docherty will do well for Hibs in the next 2 years".................clearly done his homework there 🤦‍♂️

10 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Ugh. Although I'd argue it's more a general ignorance than racism it's stupid as f**k.