PSJFC v MFC 12.8.17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Robinson came in we have made big improvements defensively but today they weren't at the races. How obvious was it to show the players onto their weaker foot for the first two goals.

I still felt like we were in the game when the first red happened. I never realised that a handball out the box would be a red and I wouldn't have said it was a goal scoring opportunity.

The McHugh one looked a great challenge from behind the goals but I can see why a yellow was given. Will be interesting to see it back.

The third goal looked like it went right through the keeper and I left soon after.

Got it-the balls already gone back fractionally since he touched it as well. His left foot was on the line as he grasped it. Looks to me that when he first touches it the ball is fractionally in front of the line.

178cf708705fca5455516580d34a7969.jpg

I'm the rule is when he first touches it, and not when he first picks it up, so it is an offence. Not convinced the officials would be able to be certain at the time though, which maybe casts a doubt over the decision.

where his feet are doesn't matter though.

Given that at best his left foot is planted flush on the line and his hands are out in front they give you a pretty fair indication of where the ball was when he caught it...

Given that at best his left foot is planted flush on the line and his hands are out in front they give you a pretty fair indication of where the ball was when he caught it...

not disputing that, what matters is where he handled it though not where his feet are.

I hope that's what he was getting at anyway!

Can't believe anyone's debating that McHugh red either. That was an appalling tackle and could have been a straight red. Lunged in with both feet.

Motherwell fan on their forum reckons it shouldn't even be a yellow...

Presumably because he gets a touch on the ball (second, after Easton tries to play it and is hit with the two feet).

Sadly he doesn't expand on his reasoning

Archived